Rimfire headstamp ID

I have come across a few rimfires I have not been able to ID. Any help would be appreciated.

Z with Line through (Impressed)

Raised GW H

RaisedPineapple

Not the usual 3 leaf, but a 4 leaf shamrock

Symbol like a TV? Chinese?

I think the last one is rather V Z

JP

[quote=“cartridgecorner”]I have come across a few rimfires I have not been able to ID. Any help would be appreciated.

Z with Line through (Impressed)

Raised GW H

RaisedPineapple

Not the usual 3 leaf, but a 4 leaf shamrock

Symbol like a TV? Chinese?

[/quote]

Z with a bar: by Sellier & Bellot, Czechoslovakia, for, Neftali Gonzalez of Armeria Liama, Mexico City, Mexico. c. 1968
GW over H : on 6mm Flobert " Boomerang Brand " ctgs. made in Germany. The Boomerang brand was registered to Wabendorfer Brothers Explosives, Sydney, Australia during 1898
Pineapple ?
4 leaf Shamrock : If raised, maker unknown, on 6mm Flobert caps packed for Frank Dyke & Co. London, England.
(tv ) , unknown,
VZ : (impressed) Vereinigte Zunder und Kabelwerk A.G. ( United Primer & Cable Works Ltd. ) Meissen, Germany. pre-1946
Hope this helps. M. Rea

Thanks fir the help. Yes the last one was VZ…I posted the wrong one though, I was trying to past a raised V.C.

The 4 leaf shamrock is raised.

Only the pineapple and the TV one to go…

Thanks again all

I agree with the identification of G.W.H. given earlier, but it is not spelled correctly. The “GWH” headstamp stands for “Gebrüder Webendörfer Hamburg,” a German company that also had offices in Sydney, Australia and did indeed, as mentioned, register the “Boomerrang” trade mark there in 1898.

An excellent article on what was the mysterious “GWH” headstamp appeared not only in the Australian Cartridge Collector’s bulletin, but also in IAA Journal Issue 440, Nov/Dec 2004, pages 6 thru 10, telling the whole story of the search for the real meaning of this headstamp. For years, it had been variously misinterpreted by collectors until Peter White, the autor of the article mention, sorted it all out for us.

The “GWH” headstamp has appeared on many center-fire calibers as well, by the way.

John Moss

If you turn the TV through 90 degress to the right, it could be a joined up “EK” which would probably be the Greek Powder and Cartridge Co., Athens.

Just my opinion, not a definitive answer.

[quote=“Falcon”]If you turn the TV through 90 degress to the right, it could be a joined up “EK” which would probably be the Greek Powder and Cartridge Co., Athens.

Just my opinion, not a definitive answer.[/quote]

Thanks Falcon. I took a second look and came up with :
Edward Kettner, West Germany. R.W.S. contract manufacture c. 1989
It takes a young guy’s brain to tell one to turn the cart. around !
M. Rea

Thanks, it is an EK. I have looked at this for weeks and never saw this until you pointed it out. ha ha

Cartridgecorner - Its always good to show the documentation for identification of a headstamp, if available, expecially when another company has used a similar “trademark” rendition of the lettering, in this case the Greek Powder and Cartridge Co., which use a similar, but not identical trademark rendition of initials. The EK headstamp in this case is identified as “Edward Kettner (sic), West Germany. R.W.S. contract manufacture c.1989-.” on page 52 of “The .22” Rimfire Cartridge, A Headstamp & Identification Guide," by B. W. Gracia (of New Zealand), published by the author in 1998.

By the way, the proper spelling of the name is actually “Eduard Kettner.” (box label)

Kettner also marketed center-fire ammunition, but while boxed under the Kettner brand with special box artwork, the cartridges were at leat, in part, made by Prvi Partizan of the former Yugoslavia, today Serbia, and bore the normal PP headstamp of the time.

John Moss