Rimfire raised headstamps

Any rimfire collector out there have a positive ID on two raised headstamps that are known on 9 mm shot shells. One is a sheeps head the other is what looks like a pointing hunting dog. They are possably on other rimfire cartridges.
Gourd

Gourd, B. W. Gracia, has the Goat h/s as unidentified, existing on 9mm Flobert.
The pointing dog is listed as unidentified maker, but, thought to be by Hirtenberger,
Patronen-Zundhuchen und Metallwarenfabrik, Austria. M. Rea

Hi Gourd and Moira.

I don’t have an identification for the dog headstamp unfortunately. However, the goat’s head (Chamois head) is from a 1908 trademark registry as Rheinisch Westfalische-Spengstoff A.G. (R.W.S.). I hope I got the spelling right. Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Will.

Further.

The ‘Goat’s head’ is know in 9mm ball and 9mm single charge (SC) with orange paper. Let me know if you have any different ones please.

The Dogs head is known in 6mm and 9mm ball, 6mm single charge (SC) with orange and blue paper. The 9mm is known in single charge (SC) with orange and blue paper.

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has a different coloured paper round or a double charge (DC) specimen.

Cheers,
Will.

If we could have pictures of the two hstps we will be sure we are talking of the same things.
jp

[quote=“powdertin”]

However, the goat’s head (Chamois head) is from a 1908 trademark registry as Rheinisch Westfalische-Spengstoff A.G. (R.W.S.). Cheers,
Will.[/quote]

Hello Will,

Have you seen the trade mark you are talking about ???
If yes, is there one goat’s head or two ??

thanks
JP

[quote=“powdertin”]

However, the goat’s head (Chamois head) is from a 1908 trademark registry as Rheinisch Westfalische-Spengstoff A.G. (R.W.S.). Cheers,
Will.[/quote]

Gourd sent me a picture of the hstp

And here is a picture of the only RWS 1908 related to goat trademark I know.
(Perhaps there is another one with only one goat’s head)

Based only on this trademark, I would not dare to take the plunge saying it is from RWS.

For me this ctge stays “unknow manufacturer”.

Perhaps somebody has more info (box or trademark with only one goat’s head ?)