Rockets are ammunition

JP, it might help a litte if you could look up some info on the internet, at best in french since explaining it here and now will take me hours as for the correct terms and thoughts.

Alex,

I am spending 8 hours every day on internet looking for info on shotshells.
I save full books and to be sure there is nothing on shoshells I am obliged to read them diagonally.
Very often I find info not interesting me but I save it because it can be of interest for other people (these pictures for example)

But I have no time to make researchs on every interesting thing I find !!
Priority to my work first.

Therefore right now all I have (and can tell you) is the fact this rocket was described as auto propulsed and auto gyroscopic, meaning excatly as a VI.

The inertia central (for a missile, a plane, a submarine, aso) is always using a gyroscope.

This rocket was developped by M. Turpin which was a very good chemist (he invented the melinite for example)

Therefore Google “Turpin” on internet.
If I find some time, I will try to find more info on the subject.

JP

Alex,
I sent you this night the link where you can see a lot of pictures on this guy
jp

This piece of ordnance which looks like a trap for Japanese beetles is a rocket launcher. Does anyone have better pictures of it in use or the ammo other than what is in the manual which I have.

U.S. 115mm rocket confusion.

I bought this 115mm rocket as a Soviet aircraft rocket some years ago. The Soviet time fuze which came in it fits the threads like a glove. The rocket is entirely unmarked. It is just about 4 feet long.

The second set of pictures is of a 115mm rocket from the Morgan collection with its (launching?) tube.

I find nothing about a Soviet 115 so it may be that my 115 is a US type for the M91 launcher.

The long one is identified as the M55 rocket for the M91 launcher.

The M91 launcher pictured below is a stubby device. My rocket might fit but that long one doesn’t seem logical.

I have seen the long one identified as an aircraft rocket in the past.

Does anyone know more about these ?

Has anyone seen EOD ?

I think my wife just did.

The upper one is a GDR made FLG 5000. It is not related to Russia at all. It is an illuminating rocket fired from it’s container (with integral bipod).
There are subversions for propaganda leavelets “FLG 5000 Agit4” and also a target simulator designated “LZI 5000” (has side ports for emission of pyrotechnics).

The initial variant of the FLG 5000 had fixed over caliber vanes (only existed as illum).

The fuze used is a “T-7 umg”, an altered Soviet time fuze.

The illum variant is today still offered by Rheinmetall who is now the owner of the former GDR plant “VEB Silberhütte” who was the original manufacturer. In fact Silberhütte existed already in WWI what makes it interesting to see how a specialized factory survived 2 wars and 4 political systems.

The lower one looks very odd to me - like some sort of dummy to represent a CW.

Thank you. Good to hear that your wife keeps an eye on you.

I just see that there were some more sub versions of the FLG 5000:

FLG-5000M68, no fuze
FLG-5000M68, T-7 umg. fuze
FLG-5000 Agit, no fuze
FLG-5000 Agit, T-7 umg. fuze
FLG-5000L4, no fuze
FLG-5000L4, T-7 umg. fuze
FLG-5000 Agit, no fuze
FLG-5000 Agit, T-7 umg. fuze
FLG-5000F4G grün, T-7 umg. fuze
FLG-5000F4R rot, T-7 umg. fuze
Luftzielimitator 5000, no fuze
Luftzielimitator 5000, T-7 umg. fuze
Luftzielimitator 5000 (S), no fuze, with pyrotechnic simulatros
Luftzielimitator 5000 (S), T-7 umg. fuze, with pyrotechnic simulators

Here an image of the FLG 5000 in it’s launch container (folding fin version).

Here the fixed over caliber vane version M68 (Czech poster), left the illum and right the leavelet version (differently from what I said above):
de.valka.cz/files/obrazok_209_244.jpg
de.valka.cz/attachments/1058/Oba … 00_M68.jpg
And here images of the M68 launch container with rocket:
de.valka.cz/files/p4190209_210.jpg
de.valka.cz/files/kontajnery_s_flg-5000_193.jpg
de.valka.cz/files/hlavica_flg-5000_133.jpg
de.valka.cz/files/flg_997.jpg

Here the folding fin version with markings:
de.valka.cz/attachments/4461/rakety_007.jpg
The “203” is the manufacturer code of “VEB Silberhütte” in GDR times.
Czech poster for it:
de.valka.cz/attachments/4461/PICT0078.JPG
de.valka.cz/attachments/4461/PICT0079.JPG

SUPER !