Roy White Passing

It is with great sadness that my friend and long time collector Roy White passed away at 1:00 am last night. He will be missed by many IAA members.

1 Like

Indeed so, great guy, a gentleman & knowledgeable.

Roy’s area of interest and mine had almost no overlap but it was always a pure pleasure visiting with him. He will indeed be missed.

Truly sad news. Always enjoyed visiting with Roy. He will indeed be missed.
R.I.P. my friend.
Zac

His daughter posted the following on facebook:
" I have never met someone who was so proud to be an American, and devote his life serving this country. He fought in Vietnam as a Marine, signed up as a Navy Seabee, and then went on to work as a Contractor for the US Government and held many jobs in many Countries. My dad loved his family, loved his dogs, loved all his friends, loved his guns, and loved his country."

Myself and others over the past year or so have been helping Roy sell his cartridge collection and fortunate to get very well acquainted. I can echo the above and keep the memories going sharing his many stories. Roy was a avid collector of big bore and military ammo from Blanchard, OK and long time member of the IAA.

1 Like

Ditto. He would routinely carry something to SLICS for my “specialty”.
Large man, great smile, always a kind word.
Death is always sad, but worse is the chronic suffering he endured to get there.

What a Patriot…maybe God didn’t want him to endure the wacky road our county is meandering of recent?

1 Like

A truly good man, and American. He is missed. Condolences to his family and friends.

Truly sad news. Always enjoyed talking with Roy.
He will indeed be missed

R.I.P.

2 Likes

Great to see a picture of this avid collector! R.I.P. Roy White

thanks for posting the nice picture. Brings bad good memories.
Zac

R.I.P. Friend and fellow collector.

I was shocked and saddened to hear of Roy’s situation on the day he died. He was as tough as nails or he would not have lasted this long. Underneath that, however, he is the most friendly, trustworthy, and compassionate individual I have ever known. He has been a true friend from the very first day I met him. I will be extremely sorry to lose his cheery greeting. He will be missed by many us who proudly call him friend.

1 Like

Extreme Condolences

Jason

R.I.P Very said to listen that dies a collector college