RUAG new products

After a recent trip to the Thun factory, here are some news about the new products.
7.65 Parabellum: Production ceased in 2013 despite continued demand. Official shooting would receive a small allotment every year. They would order 5000 rnds and only get 2000. Due to the continued demand RUAG restarted production in 2015. Afer testing, they adopted a new projectile and likely a new powder, similar to the type used for the 9mm Para mod 14. Tests in 2015 were with a 6g / 92 gr tombac jacketed projectile and T 11 headstamped cases. The white box, lot PS 1885, is an example.
The new brand is named Efficiency Line. The box shows a Swiss first leutenant in WW2 era uniform, holding a Parabellum. Great news for collectors, the cartridge has got a RUAG 7.65 Para hst.
7.5 x 55; Mass production of this military cartridge ceased many years ago and some of the tooling was destroyed. It was thought that the existing stockpiles would suffice for many years to come. This is not the case, particularly with the military who still have the MG51 in inventory. There have been some small lots of match ammunition produced but often with some difficulty to restart production due to the loss of the know-how. The great news is that in 2015 production resumed. Two examples are shown: ball and tracer with the headstamp T 15
.50 BMG: RUAG has now introduced an API load. Testing is still on-going and foreign orders have been received. There is limited information available and specimen samples are scarce. For now a picture will have to do. The headstamp is ⊕ T 15
.300 Whisper: There have been some difficulties in the production coupled with a very high retail price. A tactical round is now available.
The pictures will very soon be available, thanks to Paul…

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and don’t forget to travel to St Louis!

Here are the pictures!

Greetings Jean-Froncois. In the upcoming IAA journal, coming out for Christmas - I have an image of the new Ruag API .50BMG load in the Industry News segment. There is also an odd looking frangible load. The image was of their pedestal display at the Milipol 2015 show last month. No headstamp shown, but the projectile can be seen, and it is unusual.

Is there any info available on the “PS” in the 7.65 Para lot number?

Matt is there an image available of that odd frangible?

I would get some if it had JF or Dimi on the box.
I hope the accuracy of the 7.5 is like GP11, or better. Lots of K31 rifles here in the US, but the good surplus ammo is thinning out.

In the picture of the 7.5 x 55mm rounds above, the top cartridge has a knurled ring on the bullet, does this denote a tracer loading?

Great information and pictures!

Thanks,

Brian

Here is the display from Milipol. You can see how the display card for the one on the left is blank, and that is the oddball. Being a frangible is based on information from RUAG’s marketing director, Sabine Brechbuehl, who said the new one is meant to minimize richochet & backsplashes. I think that is the new API in the front center? I wish there were more photos, or better photos, but I could not find any.

zoomed-in:

frang ruag 50_zpsnobewvgs_result

Link to an article on these:
http://www.miltechmag.com/2015/11/milipol-2015-ruag-ammotec-unveils-new.html

jonnyc wich cartridge do you need or box?

regards
Harrie

EOD (Is there any info available on the “PS” in the 7.65 Para lot number?)

PS means Probbe Serie or test serie .

Gyrojet, I just received a message saying that it means “proof sample”.

Matt, I saw that round at the MILIPOL and the small note next to it said something like AP under development but it was not all clear if the labels were not messed up.

Thanks. That is confusing then since the M.T. article from above described all of the loads, except for one new one, which would presumably be the one shown with no label. I thought it made sense since that loading looks like a thick copper housing with something like a .30 cal Sinterfire bullet centered into it? We’ll find out soon enough when they update their catalog / website.

Harrie, I’m hoping that the 7.5x55 gets imported in shooting quantity.
I only want one of the boxes, in any caliber, with Dimi or JF on the cover in a fancy WWII uniform.

Harrie - My name is John also, so I will answer too. I want one of those RUAG Boxes with two cartridges left in it, one for the box and one for the singles collection. Does Santa Claus still make trips to St. Louis? Can’t be there, myself, but that is no barrier. :-)

PS means Prototyp Serie in german. FS, which can also be found on RUAG boxes is for Fertigung Serie.
Yes, the knurled ball is a tracer.
John, I wish I could be on the picture…

Harrie, I’m hoping that the 7.5x55 gets imported in shooting quantity.
I only want one of the boxes, in any caliber, with Dimi or JF on the cover in a fancy WWII uniform.

They didn’t do one with Dimi but here you go, but I am not sure if Jean-Francois will bring those to St Louis.

Seasons Greetings
René

Matt, I saw that round at the MILIPOL and the small note next to it said something like AP under development but it was not all clear if the labels were not messed up.

Thanks. That is confusing then since the M.T. article from above described all of the loads, except for one new one, which would presumably be the one shown with no label. I thought it made sense since that loading looks like a thick copper housing with something like a .30 cal Sinterfire bullet centered into it? We’ll find out soon enough when they update their catalog / website.[/quote]

Yes, I remained confused too and also others which saw the display.
The outer projectile body looked like made of solid brass and the “core” could be AP too (with a missing ballistic cap - maybe on purpose) but that is only an assumption.
As the label there said “under development” it may not go anywhere or result in something totally different that never will show up in a catalog.
Actually I was surprised that a manufacturer would show a prototype pattern which is still being worked on.

Thank you Rene, I think I coughed up a lung!!!

I know I am dense, but is RUAG actually changing the face of the person on the boxes now and then, or is that a computer trick just for this thread?

John, you asking this I feel will soon result in a box with your face on. :)

EOD - I am afraid that the very process of transferring an image of my face onto a box would cause total destruction of all the equipment involved. Fortunately, I don’t think anyone has a very current image of it.

I tried to send the pictures you wanted. All came back, first as “delayed delivery” and then, a little later, as “undeliverable.” ??? More computer problems for us?