Rules for posting

This is a restatement of some of the Rules for Posting on this Forum. I have noticed that a number of people have NOT been following these rules lately.

1. [color=red]DO NOT USE “QUOTE”[/color]. This is especially true concerning images. Using “Quote” uses up our server space for no reason. I have noticed many of you using “Quote” when the same message is just the previous message. PLEASE RESTRICT THE USE OF “QUOTE” TO ONLY WHEN THE QUOTED MESSAGE IS AT LEAST 10 MESSAGES PREVIOUS.

2. [color=red]RESIZE ALL IMAGES SO THEY ARE NO LARGER THAN 1080 X 860[/color]. If you do not know how to change your image size, email me for help.

3. [color=red]USE A SUBJECT TITLE THAT REFLECTS THE MAJOR POINT OF YOUR MESSAGE[/color]

4. [color=red]WHEN POSTING A HEADSTAMP IMAGE, STATE WHAT THE HEADSTAMP IS IN THE TEXT OF YOUR MESSAGE[/color]. This is importent for two reasons. 1) If the link to the image is broken, the thread is still usable. 2) Sometimes the headstamp is hard to read in the image. Stating what the headstamp is in the text makes it easier to figure out just what the actually headstamp reads.

[color=blue]PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES FOR A BETTER FORUM FOR ALL OF US. THANK YOU FROM YOUR ADMIN.[/color]

Thanks Ron!
I am not a big “Quoter”, but am pretty sure my pictures I post may be too big? I have no idea what size they are but my camera and I-Photo program always keep the pictures at highest quality which I am guessing is to large for the forum. I have no idea how to change these setting so I will most likely have to send you future thread photos to be resized before I post anything :-) Thanks for the tips as I am sure I am a big picture rule breaker.

Jason

Jason–I will be happy to resize your images for you, but it is quite easy to do it yourself. PhotoBucket has a tutoral on resizing here:

tutorials.photobucket.com/tutorial_130.html

or you can use any PhotoShop type software. There are lots of them available for free on the web.

Thanks Ron. I do use Photobucket and just checked out that tutorial link and think I can figure it out. Thanks!

Jason

Jason

My Photobucket account has a direct “Reduce To” option so even I can do it. My own photoshop program is “FinePix” which came with my camera and changing image size is a breeze.

One thing that I’ve noticed is that if you include text on a photo, reducing it may make the text unreadable.

Ray

I just checked it out and think I figured it out :-) Thanks guys!

Jason

Hi Guys, I have had trouble with photo sizes from Photobucket, my problem is transfering it to our site sometimes it comes out huge even after it was reduced, but I am getting better. Randy

[quote=“Ron Merchant”]This is a restatement of some of the Rules for Posting on this Forum. I have noticed that a number of people have NOT been following these rules lately.

1. [color=red]DO NOT USE “QUOTE”[/color]. This is especially true concerning images. Using “Quote” uses up our server space for no reason. I have noticed many of you using “Quote” when the same message is just the previous message. PLEASE RESTRICT THE USE OF “QUOTE” TO ONLY WHEN THE QUOTED MESSAGE IS AT LEAST 10 MESSAGES PREVIOUS.

2. [color=red]RESIZE ALL IMAGES SO THEY ARE NO LARGER THAN 1080 X 860[/color]. If you do not know how to change your image size, email me for help.

3. [color=red]USE A SUBJECT TITLE THAT REFLECTS THE MAJOR POINT OF YOUR MESSAGE[/color]

4. [color=red]WHEN POSTING A HEADSTAMP IMAGE, STATE WHAT THE HEADSTAMP IS IN THE TEXT OF YOUR MESSAGE[/color]. This is importent for two reasons. 1) If the link to the image is broken, the thread is still usable. 2) Sometimes the headstamp is hard to read in the image. Stating what the headstamp is in the text makes it easier to figure out just what the actually headstamp reads.

[color=blue]PLEASE FOLLOW THESE RULES FOR A BETTER FORUM FOR ALL OF US. THANK YOU FROM YOUR ADMIN.[/color][/quote]
error