Russian 50mm mortar

Thought this was interesting. Found this on a auction site. I have seen pictures of the actual mortar round but never in its packaging case with original diagrams.

Hello,

Thanks for the nice article. More russian regulations about the 50mm mortar couldt be find here.

kv.rsm.org.ru/book/book3/index.html

[quote=“genkideskan”]Hello,

Thanks for the nice article. More russian regulations about the 50mm mortar couldt be find here.

kv.rsm.org.ru/book/book3/index.html[/quote]

Do you have the manual for the Soviet 37mm mortar ?

Great information! I wish I could read Russian and a bunch of others. The drawings are great.

[quote=“CSAEOD”][quote=“genkideskan”]Hello,

kv.rsm.org.ru/book/book3/index.html[/quote]

Do you have the manual for the Soviet 37mm mortar ?[/quote]

I do:

Have you ever seen the actual shells?

Yes, there is a drawing in the regulation. After the sowjets pull the mortar out of service, the mortarbomb bodys where converted to handgrenades.

D. Lynn has an example on his wonderful site-

members.shaw.ca/dwlynn/russian/russianid.htm

EOD,

would you like to post the remaining scanned-in pages of the 37mm shovel mortar manual please?

I allready know the manual from the RKKA webpage, which is OCR software processed and has pictures in very low quality.
So it would be nice to have an original scan of the manual in good quality.

Chris

FYI - the set of 50 MM mortars sold for $1200, WOW! I am also currious what the 37MM mortar looks like.

[quote=“genkideskan”]Yes, there is a drawing in the regulation. After the sowjets pull the mortar out of service, the mortarbomb bodys where converted to handgrenades.

members.shaw.ca/dwlynn/russian/russianid.htm[/quote]

I think he meant the 37mm ones. The converted grenades are in 50mm.
The 37mm shells were converted into AP mines.

[quote=“genkideskan”]Yes, there is a drawing in the regulation. After the sowjets pull the mortar out of service, the mortarbomb bodys where converted to handgrenades.

Thanks for the referal to this interesting site. I have seen the illustration of the shell. I am asking if any one has actually seen a real shell.

Here in Europe it would have hardly brought half of it.

[quote=“EOD”][quote=“genkideskan”]Yes, there is a drawing in the regulation. After the sowjets pull the mortar out of service, the mortarbomb bodys where converted to handgrenades.

I think he meant the 37mm ones. The converted grenades are in 50mm.
The 37mm shells were converted into AP mines.[/quote]

That I would like to see as well.

The AP-mine is designated POMZ-37. It was used as a stake mine with tripwires. The manual says it was used with the MUV fuze.

By the way the 37mm was fired from a spade which had its handle built as a mortar tube.
Today the Russians are having the same system again for teir 40mm VOG-25 and VOG-25P grenades which are usually fired from the GP-25 and GP-30 under barrel grenade launchers.
So the Russians are going “back to the roots”.

photos- POMZ 37 ?

This is a drawing from a Russian site but still no PHOTOS of real ones.

Here is the manual image of the shell and the belt but I have never seen a photo of a real one.

Great reference drawing. I have never seen one either. I like the way multiple mortars are carried in that belt.