Russian 7,62mm (?) rocket bullet

Someone may be has closer informations about this russian rocket bullet

af

Thank you very much Yuri. It wouldt be great if you might be able to send a foto of the head ???

Here is a picture of the head of the Soviet 7.62 Gerasimenko caseless cartridge. It was designed the Ukrainian Gerasimenko, from Kiev, in the 1970s. My understanding is that it is not a Rocket cartridge, but rather a caseless cartridge with a charge of conventional powder much like that found in Russian .22 cartridges, and is loaded with a very thin primer cup that burns completely out. There was a previous thread about this round, begun by our friend Yuri Bushin, who supplied me with the information above, titled “Russian “Gyrojet”” and posted initially on January 19, 2007.

As long as we are posting this, we may as well give as much information as I can taken from my own specimen. firstly, the portion comprising the bullet and case is made out of blackened steel. It takes a magnet heavily. The separate rim and head is probably of brass. It takes even the corner of a weak magnet, but with so much steel above it, that may be what is influencing the magnet. If not brass, it is brass-plated or washed steel. The primer cup is copper. The appearance, in profile, of my cartridge is identical to the picture already published on this thread. Measurements are as follows:

Weight of Cartridge: 5.34 grams (82.5 grains)
Overall Length of Cartridge: 25.99 m/m (1.023")
Rim Diameter: 7.95 m/m (0.313")
Groove Diameter: 7.17-7.19 m/m (0.2825")
Width of Groove: 4.49m/m (0.1765")
Diameter of Body: 7.61 - 7.62 m/m (0.2995") This is, in essence, the bullet diameter
Approximate length of body from the head to the beginning of the ogive of the “bullet”: 20 m/m (0.790")

The “Groove” referred to above is the portion of the cartridge just above the rim that is of reduced diameter from that of the rest of the case and bullet.
Measurements were taken with an RCBS electronic scale and a Lyman electronic digital caliper.

Collection and Notes of John Moss

Not to forget the 2nd version which has a priming compound in its head instead of a primer.