Russian 8x50R Mannlicher Soft point

This cartridges was found in WWI trenches in West Ukraine.
Cartridges was made by St Petersburg cartridge plant in WWI for captured Austrian rifles and MG
The “Soft Point model” is a handmade design by Russian soldier - typical cartridge “improvement” for WWI cartridges in any calibers

[quote=“treshkin”]This cartridges was found in WWI trenches in West Ukraine.
Cartridges was made by St Petersburg cartridge plant in WWI for captured Austrian rifles and MG
The “Soft Point model” is a handmade design by Russian soldier - typical cartridge “improvement” for WWI cartridges in any calibers

quote]

Yes, you can find similar cartridges in WW1 Trenches to the french border too, some with .303 ammo with shortened bullets, with german 8x57 I and IS…
I had a british WW1-Rifle with a special tool on the gun, to take the heads of the bullets off…I must have still pictures from the gun, as I had sold the gun to a museum.

The russian 8x50R are easy to identify by their large primers…and can also be found in Austria itself in captured russian ammo stocks. I had years ago many many of them.

Forensic

[quote=“Forensic”]
The russian 8x50R are easy to identify by their large primers…

Forensic[/quote]

Also lack of headstamps and cupro-nickel (non-magnetic) bullet envelope

qu.
I had a british WW1-Rifle with a special tool on the gun, to take the heads of the bullets off…I must have still pictures from the gun, as I had sold the gun to a museum.

Forensic[/quote]
Was this tool the slideing plate on the right of the action?