Russian ammo book

Has anyone ever seen or read this book:

http://www.arsenalrus.com/contents.php?id=9

It has a chapter on small arms ammunition which details the Russian ammo such as steel core pistol caliber variants, underwater cartridges, and assault rifle cartridges. High price, but it looks like a very thorough book.

I might be wrong, but to not expect too much from it - it appears to be sort of sales catalog for Russian Arms Export agency

the entire world of the Soviet / Russian small arms ammunition is even more dim picture than the world of the small arms of the same origin, the problem being that due to Soviet / Russian security regulations it is often easier to destroy classified materiel rather than downgrade its classification (i.e. from Secret to Limited Distribution to Unclassified) :(
The specimens of experimental and prototype ammunition and related documentation are most often victims of such regulations, from what i know.

Thanks for the info Max. I would have never guessed that it were a sales advertising type of book. I thought it was more of an encyclopedia since it has many other volumes, and appears to be very large books full of info. I don’t think I’ll be buying it anytime soon unless it appears on Ebay, since the lowest price I can find is 120 Euros from a Russian website.

This is good book about Russian ammos:

The book Hammer shows, by Philippe Regenstreif is in French, but if that is not an insurmountable barrier to one, it is an Excellent book. I have had it for some time now, and used it. I wish there was an English edition - it is an important book and deserves one - but it is useful even to someone like me that has little knowledge of French. I would not be without it in my library.

Hammer, can you please tell us if this book has any info on the various intermediate-type 7.62mm cartridges of 1960s era, or 6mm cartridges of the 1980s (6x49, 6x53)?
Also, does it contain any info on items such as 9x93 PFAM?

I’m just curious, you see…

[quote=“mpopenker”]Hammer, can you please tell us if this book has any info on the various intermediate-type 7.62mm cartridges of 1960s era, or 6mm cartridges of the 1980s (6x49, 6x53)?
Also, does it contain any info on items such as 9x93 PFAM?

I’m just curious, you see…[/quote]

Yes, 2 pages about 6x49 Nikonov and 1 page short explanation about 6x53 sniper and 2

John and Hammer,
Are there any English bits, as in the previous “Munitions Sovietique”? Where is this book available, I don’t recall seeing it before.

Thanks Hammer, now i have 2 more problems - where to buy this book and how to learn french ;)

Ebay

Jon - Philippe Regenstreif’s book is entirely in French. There is no English in it. I don’t speak French at all, but a slight familiarity with French, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian ammunition terms has made me able to use this book, as so many words are similar. I am sure I would get much more out of it were it in English, or were I able to read French well, but regardless, I have found it valuable.

I am sure that Philippe can tell us all where to get the book. In the interim, check out the publisher’s website: www.crepinleblnd.fr

Cover price is 37 Euros - a little expensive for a paper-back book with no color pictures, but the information in it is worth ten times that in my opinion.

Here is link where to buy: Ebay

I think I have one ear-marked for me…thanks all.

To all

I will have a number of copie’s for sale at the St-Louis Show

regards
gyrojet

JohnMoss, the publisher’s web url seems not working to me

Gyrojet, you mean the french book? if yes, what ill be price for book & postage? pls email me at shooter @ guns . ru, thank you.

Max - sorry. I took it right from the book itself. Don’t know why it isn’t working. The book isn’t that old, so I can see them changing it, and Crepin-LeBlond is a big outfit, in business for a long time.

If you don’t find it elsewhere, PM Phil Regenstreif. He will know how you can buy it, I would think.

REGENSTREIF’S BOOK IS EXCELLENT BUT ALL IN FRENCH. HE WAS LOOKING INTO HAVING AN ENGLISH VERSION PUBLISHED .

WORTH HAVING JUST TO LOOK AT THE PICTURES IF YOU CAN’T READ IT.

HIS EARLIER ONE IS LONG OUT OF PRINT BUT ALSO WORTH HAVING IF IT CAN BE FOUND.