Russian Pinfire Headstamps by Русская Патронная Фабрика

I finally acquired some Russian pinfires!

These are excavated cartridges dug up in Ukraine.

The manufacturer of these is, I believe, Русская Патронная Фабрика, which translates to Russian Cartridge Factory.

The headstamp is Русская [over] 7 [over] ★ П Ф ★, which is Russian, and then then initials of the rest of the company’s name.

Can anyone tell me anything they know about this company? Government or Private company? years? City? etc.

Here is a link to a similar topic in a Russian website forum.guns.ru/forum/36/236219.html. Maybe one of the Russian Federation based IAA forum members can connect you to these people?

Aaron, I found this in a different forum.

В России было несколько небольших частных заводов, выпускавших охотничьи и револьверные патроны, в основном - в Москве и ее окрестностях. У Русско-Бельгийского общества патронных заводов были предприятия в Кунцево и Москве (Марьина Роща). Общество «Н. Феттер и Е. Гинкель» имело дроболитейный и патронный завод в Москве за Крестовской заставой. Заводы работали для населения, заказов от казны на производство боеприпасов не имели. Кстати, в начале прошлого века кроме них в Москве и окрестностях практически не было других заводов, даже условно относящихся к военным. Встречаются гильзы и с маркировкой «Русский патронный завод», о котором известно лишь, что он был в Москве. Скорее всего, это один из вариантов названий упомянутых выше заводов…:)

It says here that Russian Cartridge Factory is known to have been in Moscow, and that is the only thing known about it.

Here is an interesting website with 2 images (click on them to enlarge) of REAL COOL headstamps, some of then are pinfire semilukiklad.narod.ru/doncagilz.htm

Thanks for this info. I have seen that forum before and even messaged some of the posters. It is from over 5 years ago though.