RWS. Headstamp Question

I have a series of dummy cartridges from RWS with a small hole about 1/2 inch above the base. They all have “R W S” headstamp except one. The 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser has “R W S.” Note the dot after the W. The lettering is also smaller than on the other “R W S” rounds. I assume this indicates it was made by another firm, perhaps Norma.
Anybody know what it means. If another firm, was it just for the cases or did they load it also?

Ron, I’ve been waiting hoping that someone else may have a definitive answer to your question. Anyway, here is what I know:

The use of “dots” with RWS headstamps dates back to the early 1900’s and almost every conceivable combination is known.

When RWS used the “N” hs (= N

WBD–Thanks for the reply. The guess of Norma for the “R W S.” is based on the case type being 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser. I know RWS has used outside sources for brass and probabily loaded rounds in the past. All the dummies in this set were obtained from boxes at the same time and all are contemporary, being about 1985. I did not notice the one odd headstamp until just a few days ago, so never checked if it said “Made in Sweden” on that box back in 1985.

These dots appear on RWS and GECO auto pistol rounds as well, in various places. They can have dots before and after the maker’s designation, or just after it, as well as a dot after the caliber, or before and after the caliber. “RWS” is seen as just that, or as “R.W.S.” on pistol rounds. One suggestion from Europe was that it was a date code. No one has proved that or any other theory yet, to my knowledge, however.