SAAMI tables

Has somebody SAAMI tables giving dimensions of shotshells ?

I only have the SAMSAA info of 1920 !!!
Thank
Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre

I do not have SAAMI lists. It’s my understanding that the lists are available only to members and that the information is proprietary. But I could be wrong on this since others have told me that they can be purchased.

You might simply Google SAAMI and go from there.

Good Luck

Ray

Hi Ray !
Yes it is possible to buy their tables.
But I am not going to buy every table since their beginning (and I do not think they still have them), Just to trace the evolution of the dimensions.
I did it with some European official laboratories and it is a lot of money for just one interesting page among a lot of papers.
I thought somebody had some because of his business for example

Jean-pierre

I found them !
From a french collector reading this forum !

I think many people are very lazy and do not check their documentation.
If I had asked about CIP (European ones) on an American forum I would understand.
But Saami ones !
jp

Saami prints for most common US rifle and pistol calibers can be found in the NRA book " Handloading" ISBN 0-9355998-34-9.
CIP prints can be found at : poliisi.fi/intermin/images.n … ABIcal.pdf
Glenn

SAAMI Prints for shotshells:

ANSI/SAAMI Z299.2-1992 “American National Standard Voluntary Industry Performance Standards for Pressure and Velocity of Shotshell Ammunition for the Use of Commercial Manufacturers”

This is the American equivalent to the CIP TDCC standards, with separate volumes for rifle, pistol, rimfire, and shotgun ammunition.

You will find it listed on the SAAMI website www.saami.org under “Publications”. However they will not sell these books outside the US due to national security concerns (really!). I did not respond earlier because of this, but now you have the full story.

[quote=“hkim”]SAAMI Prints for shotshells:

I did not respond earlier because of this, but now you have the full story.[/quote]
Thank you for your answer
JP

[quote=“jean-pierre”]I found them !
From a french collector reading this forum !

I think many people are very lazy and do not check their documentation.
If I had asked about CIP (European ones) on an American forum I would understand.
But Saami ones !
jp[/quote]

Explanation:

The official SAAMI specs are not well circulated in the USA as we are not regulated by a draconian EU proofing regime. Generally only firearm manufacturers and toolmakers ever see an actual SAAMI spec. It took me a lot of effort to find them for my library. At the same time, lack of a proofing system does allow for easy (and legal) creation of wildcat cartridges, and hence another field for cartridge collectors.

H.K.