Saturday Gun Show Luck?!

Sitting after hours at the club gun show, perusing todays finds…
A “Basket of Shotshells” for $25, turned up some shooting stuff, some cool stuff, and some interesting stuff.

Two full box of XPERT Mark 5, and a nice emptyRemington…

And a couple cool 20 ga Hawthore Reliance…

16 ga mostly shootable, plus a nice EXPERT Mark 5 box…

The Cool and only 12 ga, three PETERS VICTOR…

BUT, the really COOL stuff- for me, anyway- came in the busted up 12 ga box: 10 ga Remington Express,
Paper Wad label: “MAGNUM 2 LOAD”,
Marked on the hull: “EXTRA LONG RANGE”,
And: “MAGNUM FOR MODERN GUNS 3 1/2 INCH CHAMBERS MINIMUM WEIGHT 10 1/2 POUNDS”.
QUESTION: WHEN WERE THESE MANUFACTURED***?

Additional: If anyone is interested in the two empty boxes, all I need is an address to mail it to you… first come, first served.

Local gun club sales bring the most amazing stuff sometimes. I am going to a couple soon, maybe will get lucky and post something interesting too.

2 Likes

Vlad,

Good luck!

Unfortunately where I live most of the shows are now run by big show outfits and table prices are high and or the cost (renting a place) of having a show has skyrocketed.

The one big national show in Kansas City used to always have some individuals selling this and that they had accumulated over the years which always proved to be very interesting. But now table prices are so high that does not happen anymore. The frustrating part about this show now is that 15 to 20% of the tables are empty.

Brian

1 Like

Look for small hunting club shows, these guys see historical firearms and ammo as garbage.
Or come live in a gun friendly state like New York.

1 Like

Yes, small shows are the best.
This is put on by the Virginia Gun Collectors Association [http://www.vgca.net/ ], of which I am the club photographer, and one of the overnight security, so I get in free!
We have two shows a year, March and November, and we have our annual meeting/potluck dinner/swap meet in December, at the NRA headquarters in Faifax, Virginia.
If anyone is interested, send me a PM…

Yes, the big outfit here charges $160~200 per table… lots of flea market crap there now.
We charge $70 per, but there is talk of lowering it to $65, I hope we do. We have 175 [+/-?] tables, some are historical displays, and the NRA always has a display table, (really interesting stuff!]. We give cash prizes to the display table winners. NOTHING that is not gun/ammo related!

1 Like