Scored HWS Vol2 from half priced books

Thanks Mel for vol 1&3

There will be a test at SLICS 19. Study hard 😉

Uhhh oh

Do I always get to pick the caliber?

Just concentrate on experimental short run; only known examples in Woodin lab. That will tune your focus

So only 100k cartridges to study?

Vol 1, in the first 15 pages, gave me the correct classification for two different 45 revolver blanks I found in the Engle bins.

Great books! Not a lot in them for a 9x19mm collector except in Vol 3, but I still enjoy just opening the others to a random page and reading! Great works. They provide an excellent insight into the entire military cartridge process that I have found relevant well outside the US cartridges discussed.

Lew

Does anybody happen to know if there is maybe a digital version of the vol.1 addendum? (it was once mentioned that this would be considered)
Had difficultiues in finding the hardcopy.

Alex
Volume I has been revised so that is the addendum you should be looking for, assuming you have the revised Volume I. As there was also a (ca. 1970) addendum for the original Volume I

Volume II also has an addendum, both of which were published by Thomas Publications in Gettysburg PA, if that’s any help.

I could use the vol2 addendum as well.

My revised vol1 came with an addendum.

Pete, I better shall look up all my editions and check what I really need as I was not aware of prior addendums etc.

I assume from the Half-Price Books chain. I have found some very good deals there on guns and ammunition books, especially so when they have their periodic half of half-price sales (i.e. 50% off their regular prices). I recently bought the first three volumes of Hoyem for about $40 total. The 4th volume was not there.

AbeBooks.com also often has very good prices on similar books.

ABEbooks wanted 2x for HWSv2 for what I found it on HPB.com. I did have to dig into the HPB site to find cheaper options.