Search function list disappears after viewing one item on the list

The Search function is now much better when it comes to tracking down subjects of interest.

There is one problem I have encountered though. After entering the search terms and conducting the search a list of found threads are listed. If I view one of the listed threads and then try to go back and look at the other listed threads, the list is gone and a new search must be conducted.

This is particularly true if the list of items from a search is short. If the list is long and one clicks on the "show more ", a complete (long) list of found threads is shown and sometimes when you view a thread on said list, you can go back to the original list and view more found threads and sometimes not.

Is there anyway to keep the list of found threads from a search visible until one is finished looking at all of the items on the list i.e. not having to redo a search multiple times in order to see all of the found threads?

Thanks,

Brian

0 Likes

Give me an example of what you are searching for where it is doing this?

0 Likes

Aaron,

Thanks for responding.

Just as an example I entered “ECC” in the search box, resulting screen image shown below with curser on the first item in the list (highlighted with yellow background).

If I open the first item listed without first clicking on the “show more” (in blue) at the bottom of the list, when I hit the back button or the Forum button or the search function logo, the generated search list is lost and the search terms must be re-entered into the search box in order to look at other threads on the list.

If I click on the “show more” at the bottom of the listed threads before opening one of the listed threads and then open one of the listed threads, I can then hit the back button (arrow) which (usually) takes me back to the original generated search list. I am then able open another thread in the search list.

If the search only generates several items to look at (the “show more” in blue is not present) there does not seem to be anyway to look at one item in the list and then go back and look at another item in the list. The search must be repeated again in order to look at another item in the list. Screen shot image below.

At least that is how the search function is working for me.

I do not intend this to be a complaint (the search function is much better than the one on the old forum), its just that it would be nice not to have to continually repeat searches in order to look at all of the listed threads.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Likes

ahh… type your ecc and then press [enter].

It will take you to a page of the search results. I did not even know it loaded results in that window if you typed something and waited a few seconds.

0 Likes

Aaron,

Thank you for your answer, your time, effort, headaches and at times a seemingly thankless job!!!
The new format is a bit awkward for us older, non-computer savvy types, but as members use the forum and try different things most people will learn how to use it.
Its great that we no longer need to load photos into Photobucket. And as I said in my post earlier, the search function is MUCH better.

Brian

0 Likes

Or right click on the link, than select either “open in a new tab” or “open in a new window” (your choice). Repeat with as many of the links you wish to examine.
When finished with a link, simply close the tab / window.

0 Likes