SFM 7.65mm (.32ACP) Box

I found this web site and thought someone might help me identify the cartridge in the attached photos.

My guess is they are .32 cal and made in 1940

Thank you,
Jim

you are right, they are 32 ACP ctges made by SFM in 1940
PA means for Automatic Pistol
jp

Just a question, given the date and the fact that they are French, how does one differentiate between 7.65mm (.32ACP) and 7.65mm MAS?

If the boxes have 7.65 Long ctges inside, it is written 7.65 L on the box label.

jp

The MAS rds have a 2mm longer case length.

is there any collector value to these ?
and is anyone interested

jamesegg@bellsouth.net

thank you again,
Jim

The MAS rds have a 2mm longer case length.[/quote]

…and a rimless case

These military/police dated .32 auto (7.65mm Browning) French rounds are very common, basically worth the price of shooting ammunition. However, the boxes are not quite so common as the rounds, and the full box would have some collector’s interest (for some of us, the box and one round would have the same interest). I don’t do values, as pay no attention to them, but I suspect it would be at least twice that of a 25-round box of shooting ammunition for the same caliber, perhaps more. Not super rare or super valuable, but not a “throw away” either.

[quote=“jean-pierre”]If the boxes have 7.65 Long ctges inside, it is written 7.65 L on the box label.

jp[/quote]

That was the answer I was looking for. Back in the good old days (when such things were possible ) a load of French MAS pistols appeared on the market in Britain but not the ammunition and people were trying to use .32ACP with mixed results. We were unaware of the existance of the “other” 7.65mm ammunition.

[quote=“Vince Green”]
That was the answer I was looking for. .[/quote]
If you are really interested I can scan some boxes
jp