Sharps I.D

I’m trying to identify who made alot of the Sharps cartridges in the my collection. I know all the calibers and the ones made by UMC and the early REM. I was hoping someone could post pictures of the heads. Ones that they know for sure were made by WIN, US, & SHARPS

Carolyn

Carolyn,
This exact project was started on the forum some time ago, but died I suspect due to a lack of interest. You’ll find it here, assuming I have done this correctly. If not, just search on Sharps.

iaaforum.org/forum3/viewtopic.ph … lit=sharps

Guy
Thank you, this is what I was looking for. It’s to bad that this topic didn’t continue it would be so valuable to new collectors and to collectors who weren’t sure of what they had.
Carolyn

Carolyn

I think you are going to find this typical. With only about 500 forum members, and the majority of them being lurkers, there are few collecting interests shared by more than a handful of members at the same time. The research and posting of a large amount of information on any one subject is really a labor of love with little reward except the satisfaction to the individual doing the work. The same applies to the IAA in general, including the JOURNAL, which generates only a scattering of responses to bolster the writer’s ego. In fact, wannabe writers would be well advised to leave their egos at the door. The pay isn’t all that great either. ;) Except for the Editor.

JMHO

Ray