Shotshell or MG part?

It is a steel tube with a rim and looks like and looks like a 14 mm (32 gauge) shotshell.
The tube is open on the mouth side.

Rim thickness : 1.95 mm
Rim diameter : 16 mm
head diameter : 14.05
mouth diameter : 13.75
length : 68 mm

The hstp is : 109 44 avu german eagle waA48P 14/4/ dov

Is it a tool for gun smith , a dummy ctge or a part of MG ??

thanks

Primer for some kind of German ordnance?

Are there flash-holes inside the “case”, or is it a solid piece? At first glance, it looks like it may be some sort of headspace gauge???

Does the hole go all the way through the “case”. If so, I would guess it is an adapter for a rimmed pistol cartridge. I have 12 ga and 20 ga. adapters for .45 Colt revolver cartridges.

It is like a steel tube, open in one side and closed on the other side by the base.
The primer is in steel also and is part of the case

The hole doesn’t go through.
It is excatly if it was a dummy shotshell

Inert drill mortar propelling blank or artillery primer?

It is like a steel tube, open in one side and closed on the other side by the base.
The primer is in steel also and is part of the case[/quote]

In that case, I’d have to believe that it’s some sort of “tool cartridge” or headspace gauge; it’s hard to tell what the “primer” looks like, though. Is it just a recess, like an empty primer pocket, or is there a primer cup pressed into it? The measurement from the base up to the edge of the “shoulder” should tell you what it was originally intended for, but it may even be a sort of “check gauge” to make sure that primer pockets in artillery cases are the proper dimensions as they come off the manufacturing line. Definitely an interesting find, and they wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of marking it if it wasn’t some sort of important piece in SOME process. The code “dov” would correspond to Waffenwerke Brun, Czechoslovakia, but I have no idea what exactly they would’ve been manufacturing there in 1944.

Definitely an interesting find, and they wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of marking it if it wasn’t some sort of important piece in SOME process. The code “dov” would correspond to Waffenwerke Brun, Czechoslovakia, but I have no idea what exactly they would’ve been manufacturing there in 1944.[/quote]

Is it just a recess, like an empty primer pocket.

The measurement from the base up to the edge of the “shoulder”.
What does it mean ???.What do you call the shoulder ??
Are you talking of the rim thickness ?

The hstp is not: 109 44 avu german eagle waA48P 14/4/ dov but :
109 44 avu german eagle waA48P 14/47 dov

The only thing which is 14 mm is the “head” diameter
JP

Any German gauge would have the respective marks and no LOT number.

“avu” corresponds to Silva Metallwerke, who (according to cgi.ebay.com/INERT-GERMAN-37MM-3 … dZViewItem ), but it unfortunately doesn’t have a scale; maybe someone here HAS one of these rounds, and can measure it for you?

SDC, the primer pocket you have linked here is about 15mm deep.

Do you have the diameter of the flash-hole? Does it match either the rim or the body of jean-pierre’s item?

Sorry, not on hand right now.