SIB ctges

Here is the view of a box of SIB 45 ACP ctges.

The regular load is 0.40 grammes of BA9 with a 230 grains bullet.
The combat load (when you need to use your gun and not on paper targets) is 0.45 grammes (always with a 230 grains bullet)

Here you have a 95 grains bullets, I agree, but the powder load is more than the double (0.835 grammes).

Hopping it will be of interest for you, DK conf.
JP

When were the SIB cartridges made???

Hi Lew,
I used to play with them when I was in Paris, meaning between 1981 and 1989.
Perhaps they showed up earlier , but I don’t think.
After 1989 there were still some in gunshops on the French Riviera but I don’t know if it was very legal to buy them even if the owners used to sell them.
I don’t remember when they banned THV and other AP ctges
(in fact it was already banned from a long time, but it was more or less OK till the big publicity about THV which brang restrictive application of the law. On the licences it was written : (all) except THV !)

I forgot an important point !
Most of the time, the bullets alone were sold in boxes of 100, on two 50 bullets stairs)

Only one time I found a box of loaded ctges (it is the one shown in the picture). They have been loaded by a famous parisian gunsmith

They exist at least in 45 ACP, 38/357 and 9 para.

From the tests I have made for fun, they are far better for penetration than THV or other AP bullets, but it is just my opinion.

JP
PS:Lew, I still have some bullets if you don’t have one already.

Perhaps it might be helpful to other collectors to put some more information about SIB on this thread, just to round it out. First of all, the initials stand for Soci

Great stuff, this is the only place you can find this kind of information in such concentration. Makes the yearly subscription fee to the IAA worth every penny and beyond!

Thanks JP!

I found another interesting thing regarding SIB and Stefan Buljovcic. If you do a Google search for “Stefan” Buljovcic, you get just this thread, but if you spell it as “Stephan” you get a patent that he had for a frangible bullet, filed in 1976. That would seem to date before the SIB AP pistol bullets came out? The frangible bullet design patented in the U.S. can be found here:

http://www.patentgenius.com/patent/4048922.html

And looks like this (the base of the bullet is similar to the AP bullets he made):

I wonder if these ever went into production?

It is vaguely reminiscent of an upside-down .45acp “delayed shot” experimental projectile: