Simples Adapter Packet

I’m trying to get the hang of loading photos and in what sizes, so please bear with me.
Though some of the guys interested in this area might like to see these.

Cheers

John

John,

Thank you for posting these pictures! It’s nice to see an origional Adaptor box, since I had yet to see one. Especially with all the contents not missing!

Regards,
Dave.

John, That is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you are getting hang of posting photos. Well done.

Zac

Very neat! ta

John, very nice boxes, thanks for posting these pictures. Below is the patent drawing:

Thank you for that Fede,

Nice to add all these things to the records.

Cheers
John

This is from Jim Buchanan …

Thanks Chris and Jim,

I’m guessing the PP 11962 is a Patent Pending Number???

Cheers
John

John,

Correct ! see it is the same number as shown on the drawing sheet as sent in by Fede.

1902 was the first appearance of this in the Eley catalogs.

As you might know Kynoch did a similar thing but the cartridges are not interchangeable.

Jim Buchanan

Thanks Jim,

I did look at Fede’s drawing but missed seeing the number until you pointed it out.

I only vaguely recall the Kynock adapter, but have no information on it on file.

Cheers
John

John,

Nice adapter set. Very interesting to see in such nice condition. Thank you for sharing the pics!

Is it explained anywhere what the purpose of the four holes in the adapter head is?

Dave

Dave,

the four holes are for extraction of the device from the chamber of the rifle.
this was accomplished by the use of the spring tool, seen in the box.

Jim Buchanan

John,
for pictures of the Kynoch adaptor, and the Simplex, and others for the British .303 see my article on pages 18 to 20 in the IAA Journal#449.
Jim Buchanan

Jim,

How is the best way to get to see Journal #449, as I don’t have a copy. Is there an accessible ejournal of that issue.??

Cheers

John

Jim,

Thank you for the explanation.

Dave