SLICS 2008 Photos

Courtesy of John Morris, and originally posted for the Company of Military Historians
Since a picture is worth 1000 words, I’ll save the text and let you look at these slideshows:

Some SLICS people:

s17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/c … 625236.pbw

Misc. views:

s17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/c … 26fe32.pbw

Pete’s display of nonstandard cartridge types:

s17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/c … 38883f.pbw

Some other displays:

s17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/c … d7b240.pbw

Pepper Burruss’ amazing “OCSW” display. Pepper is president of the International Ammunition Ass’n, and is an extremely active cartridge collector. His “day job” is “Head Trainer” for the Green Bay Packers football team:

s17.photobucket.com/albums/b62/c … 0dc7b6.pbw
END QUTE

Outstanding!
Thank you very much!!! I wish once time visit this show!

WOW! Just incredible! All the displays looked totally fascinating! You guys are extreme! It was also great seeing the pics of everyone. Nice to put a face to everyones name. I hope they add that to the forum down the road.

I saw GOBS of cool stuff on those tables. Next year I hope to make it. If I can’t find a critter sitter, I’m going to have to bring them with me. Does the hotel allow lemurs?

Jason

Jason–Bring the Tiger with you. Charge $10.00 to get your picture taken with the Tiger. Bet you could make enough to pay for your trip. to St. Louis!!!

So true! I think I would need a GAGGLE of attorneys for that :-) Their would be allot of 1 arm pictures taken that day :-) Just kidding. Maybe I could book a floor of rooms.

The funny thing is that I have actually slept in many hotel rooms with tigers and other big cats. Maybe if I can connivence the hotel a tiger is ammo?

Jason

[quote=“APFSDS”]So true! I think I would need a GAGGLE of attorneys for that :-) Their would be allot of 1 arm pictures taken that day :-) Just kidding. Maybe I could book a floor of rooms.

The funny thing is that I have actually slept in many hotel rooms with tigers and other big cats. Maybe if I can connivence the hotel a tiger is ammo?

Jason[/quote]

I thought that Ron meant bring your Tiger Tank and I wondered why you said 1 arm pictures, I mean a static Tiger Tank can’t be that dangerous…then I read on and the penny dropped…you mean a Tiger, Tiger :-)

Armourer–No, I meant a real Tiger. In case you do not know it, Jason is in charge of a Wildlife Reservation in Florida and has LOTS of large animals, including Tigers.

Next year I’d drive up in Noah’s Ark! All kidding aside, I am dying to see one of these shows and one of Pepper’s as well as the other displays, 1st hand. MORE PICS! MORE PICS!

Jason

Pepper announced that he will NOT be doing a display next year.

Of course, no one will complain if he changes his mind about that…

Bummer, but I can only imagine the amount of time and energy it takes to create such comprehensive displays as his. They are just amazing. Of all of them (that I know of), I wish I saw his flechette display.

Jason

That was a Great week at the show!
start with a view table’s with cartridge’s,cartridge’s and cartridge’s

regards
gyrojet

Thanks for the great pics Gyro!!! My eyes are tripping on the visuals. I hope their were gobs of big stuff their also. It must be great getting to meet Mr. Woodin. Post more pics if and when you can.

Jason

More pict’s of the SLICS 2008

WOW! Nice pictures and very interesting material.
John & Harrie thanks for posting.

Best regards, Rob

Hi Rob
Not John but I am posting al this pict
Next pepper’s display…

something strange was happend,when I was at my room a man kneel down at the ground and start to sweat.
He never found that lot of new empty boxes
How is this man…!!!

regards
gyrojet

And when I took the shuttle bus to Bandana’s for diner, outside I come across 2 collectors and the where speaking about the food discussion at the forum.
How are they!!!

I am one of those guy’s !!

and the food…

Nothing better then food that clogs your arteries as you eat it. YUM! Looks good! I know you have more pics :-)

Jason

Hi Jason

other time more pict’s…

kind regards
gyrojet

No rush, no worries! Thanks!

Jason