Slics 2009

“on the ground” at SLICS 2009

about to do the room to room walk…hope we can keep you all updated via this avenue

more to follow

Pepper Burruss
IAA President

Thanks Pepper, I look forward to it.

If you happen to spot any of the following:
6x45 Cor-Bon
6.5mm MPC (SSK)
.450 Bushmaster
.375 Whisper
.416 Whisper
I’d be very grateful if you could mention it to Martin Golland and tell him that I’d like examples!

[quote=“Pepper”]“on the ground” at SLICS 2009

about to do the room to room walk…hope we can keep you all updated via this avenue

more to follow

Pepper Burruss
IAA President[/quote]

Save some of the good stuff, for those of us that won’t be there until tomorrow

So fired-up for a update! Hopefully with GOBS of pics! Say hi to all the APFSDS stuff for me :-)

J

Jason
We have got to get you to SLICS (or mor accuratly, you have got to find a way to get yourself there)
Bob

I agree big time! One day hopefully life will mellow out for me to get their. Dying to check out all the great ammo and finally meet everyone.

Jason

[quote=“Pepper”]“on the ground” at SLICS 2009

more to follow

Pepper Burruss
IAA President[/quote]

Take a look at the room of the argentine guys, Horacio, Federico and Roberto will bring good stuff !!!

I won’t be there until late Wed. night. Please don’t sell anything until I get there!

Time for bed fellas…'feel like a Blogger…but today was what SLICS is all about…handshakes from around the world…conversations that ended last year at SLICS 08, picked up today like it was yesterday (and not atypical for a plastic bag of

You rule Pepper! Have fun and shake some hands for me while you are their.

j

[quote=“Pepper”]Till then (Tony

I am missing SLICS for the first time in five years. Despite that, I hope it’s a great year for everyone in STL!

Chris.

Also on the ground at the SLICS
In room trading today and set up the table’s at the show
A lot of handshakes and always good to see friends from around the world…

regards
gyrojet

Stoked you are their Gyro! I can always count on great pictures of the show from you :)

Jason

Gyroyet / Harrie,

Don`t forget to take some pictures to share with us.

451kr.

I have just arrived Hendre, so don’t feel bad. I am a newby to SLICS and I don’t know a thing about where, who, and how on the in-room trading. As I understand, everybody is setting up who has tables now (Wednesday eve) and so the in-room stuff is mostly done. I have no table, and I will be in my room (311) if anybody is interested from 4pm to 8pm for a small amount of some interesting pistol-caliber specialty cartridges, and some interesting 12ga specialty cartridges. Without getting too much into buy/sell/trade type of stuff so this doesn’t become locked, I will leave it at that. People I need to catch up with here: Jon S, Jon C, Paul S, Harrie J, Pepper, K Lampear, Lew, and J Frigiola. I have 5 or so of my draft-version pistol-caliber AP book for a few people. If I don’t see anyone tonight, then I will clumsily find you at the show somehow. Look forward to hand-shakes!

P.S., I am the one who looks like he is not an A.A.R.P. member! :-)

I’m leaving for SLICS at 0530 Thursday, can’t wait to get there!

I’ll be there before noon Thursday. Leavin’ Friday noonish. Hope to meet everyone.

It did not take long for us “oldsters” to realize one of the joys of a show like this when we get to meet the likes of “DK”…(he may never come back again after meeting us…but he’s a welcome “newbie” to SLICS) (and he is presenting at the Thursday night seminar…talk about baptism by fire !

show hall only open from 2-5 today…but long enough to empty the right hand pocket…ouch !!!

til later

your faithful SLICS blogger

Pepper Burruss
IAA President

What a great bunch of guys (and girl)! I was slightly concerned about the the typical generational gap that I would encounter, but after about 5 minutes it became clear that these guys are on about the same wavelength as my friends would be on any typical weekend after having drank many beers whilst sitting around a campfire and telling nothing but dirty jokes!