SLICS driving help

I have decided to drive to SLICS, against my wife’s advice who called me various 4-letter words, yeh, like “fool”. I am driving from New York, and hopefully back. I’d like to hit Wright-Patterson AFB generalpatton.org/exhibits/ww2.asp on the way back. I also never went west of Ohio. If anyone has any helpful advice about anything pertaining to such a trip, I’ll be very happy to listen.

Having been to both museums you mentioned, and I recommend them to all, my only advice is to plan on at least 2 days at the AF museum, if you want to see most of it. The Patton museum is a good half day minimum. Last time I was there they had removed the majority of the outdoor displays. Not sure if they have been replaced/restored. Their sectioned tanks make for awesome displays. Keep in mind Ft. Knox is right there. Can’t get close to it but there was a little tour of sorts. Also right near the Knob Creek Shooting Range, famous for their bi-annual machine gun shoot. Just thought I’d throw that in. Got to shoot a flame thrower there a few years back. Pretty neat. Coincidentally, their next shoot is April 3/4/5. SLICS is April 9/10/11. It’d be worth the longer trip. Wanna shoot a quad mini-gun? Their display “shed” will make you cry. Lots and lots of collector grade ammo of all calibers and the guns to go with them if you’re so inclined. knobcreekrange.com/index.html

Not to mention having to sell the house, car, and kids!

Slick,
I am following your advice, and I’ll check the shed.

Vlad

Trust me. It’s worth the time. You’ll never forget it. Hope to make it there myself. Again. Just think Disney World X 1000 for a gun guy.

Rick