SMI revolver cartridges

I have received these two revolver cartridges made by SMI. 320 and 380 revolver C.F., lead bullets.

They had black powder loads but I have never seen “civilian” cartridges like these made by SMI, only military ammo.

Some authorities, such as Alessio Grimaldi, wrote that thse cartridges were intended for military use, although never adopted by italian army as ordnance chamberings.
A friend of mine said me that some of related boxes ( 320 revolver) were found in the past in a large lor of mixed ammo found in the attic of an old gun shop. He only remember that they were green boxes.

Is there someone that can add some more info about the story behind these two cartridges?
Did SMI produce other “civilian” cartridges, such as 450 Revolver ammo?
Are these rare or common? In Italy they are uncommon for sure, but maybe they can be common outside Italy.

Bourse des armes Genève - Suisse

[quote=“Pivi”]I have received these two revolver cartridges made by SMI. 320 and 380 revolver C.F., lead bullets.

They had black powder loads but I have never seen “civilian” cartridges like these made by SMI, only military ammo.

Some authorities, such as Alessio Grimaldi, wrote that thse cartridges were intended for military use, although never adopted by italian army as ordnance chamberings.
A friend of mine said me that some of related boxes ( 320 revolver) were found in the past in a large lor of mixed ammo found in the attic of an old gun shop. He only remember that they were green boxes.

Is there someone that can add some more info about the story behind these two cartridges?
Did SMI produce other “civilian” cartridges, such as 450 Revolver ammo?
Are these rare or common? In Italy they are uncommon for sure, but maybe they can be common outside Italy.
[/quote]

Pivi,
I have sent you pics from the boxes I have…you may can picture them here with my permission…

I found them in southern of France many many years ago…
I do not have the 380 Variation, only the 320

Forensic