Smokeless Diamond Powder advert

A few weeks ago at the local flea market I saw this for sale. Unfortunatley I didn’t buy it as the seller was an antique dealer and had a price of £120 on it. I took some photos as I thought the shotshell collectors might be interested.

Most probably know this, but Smokeless Diamond was an early double base Nitro powder made by Curtis’s and Harvey Ltd.

The shell was made from copper. The brass head seemed to be indentical to other shotshells I have seen with this headstamp. I believe the diamond was cast aluminium.

Hi Falcon.
You missed a bargain. They usually sell for a multilpe of that price. A very rare item!

Cheers,
Will.

Hello Falcon, a very interesting advert, thanks for sharing. Here is the same cartridge illustrated in Nobel’s catalog of 1925:

Falcon, with the price of copper right now the advert shell alone is probably worth the asking price!
Gourd

[quote=“Fede”]Hello Falcon, a very interesting advert, thanks for sharing. Here is the same cartridge illustrated in Nobel’s catalog of 1925:

[quote]

Hello Fede,
have you the front page of this catalogue ?
thanks
JP

Hi JP, here it is, do you need a copy?

[quote=“Fede”]Hi JP, here it is, do you need a copy?

[/quote]

Yes, because i have only B&W xeros opies
Thanks
JP

Thanks for the replies. I wish I had bought it now. I saw him again the week after and asked if he still had it but it had been sold.