Snider or Martini Blanks

1 Steel Disc, brass wall, paper covered brass case, lacquered with straight seam, roll crimp, can see folded paper as wad.
IN INCHES
OAL 1.465
RIM .745 DIA
HEAD .658 DIA
CASE .625 DIA
WALL INCLUDING THICKNESS OF DISC .445
BATTERY CUP PRIMER

2 Brass disc,brass wall, black lacquered brass case ,semi roll crimp,cardboard wad.
OAL 1.287
RIM .750 DIA
HEAD .660 DIA
CASE .625 DIA
WALL INCLUDING THICKNESS OF DISC .2675
POSSIBLY A BATTERY CUP PRIMER, but neat fit to disc

3 Brass disc,brass wall, paper wrapped over brass case, with diagonal seam in paper,excessive roll crimp, with many thin stabs to form crimp, small area of cardboard wad showing, battery cup primer
OAL 1.390
RIM .740 DIA
HEAD .655 DIA
CASE .620 DIA
WALL INCLUDING THICKNESS OF DISC .436
Terry.

Terry–There are a number of these blanks. Pictures of them would help a lot. I assume you are refering to the base cup when you refer to the wall.

Quite a few Snider blanks originally were Ball cartridges broken down for whatever reason - supercededmarks , unserviceable ammo , or whatever.

There were three marks of blank designed for the Snider as follows

Mark I - white paper covered, tied with twine, purple stripe round top of case.
Mark II - Plain brass case, made for re-loading.
Mark III - Brown paper exterior, closed over top of case.

None had a roll crimp.

The Mark IV was for both Snider and Martini and had a card case with a roll crimp, which varies in colour from dark brown to a purple/brown hue. There was also a Mark IV Converted that was made from converted Snider or Martini ball cases. These have a variety of crimps in the original brass case, from pointed to flat.

The left hand round is a Mark IV Converted from a Snider, centre is a newly made Mark IV and right is a Mark IV Converted from a Martini.

On top of that there were local Indian, Canadian, Australian and I presume New Zealand patterns. I suspect yours are some of these.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
TonyE

Thank you , they are of the general appearance, so suspect you are correct.
possibly Australian or New Zealand as I have collected many cartridges from both countries over the years.
Terry