Some ammunition - identification needed please

helly,
im new here, and i just got some questions about ammunition identification - hope youll be able to help me.

7.62x39:
is this one egyptian or syrian ? as i know it is from the time that syria and egypt had an alliance with anything that connected to ammo-production, but i have no idea where this unit created.

another 7.62x39:
its gray, and its buttom says " 04 (upper aprt) 76 (lower part).
i found something about “DDR”. is it this one? what does this name means ?

and last thing - i have completely no clue what this bullet is - it looks that it never been shot, my friend found it threw near some place in the desert. it looks like it basicly should be silver-colored, and since i have no idea what is this one, i took the pictures near a ruler, so youll have an indication about its real size.

thanks anyone, for any help !

[quote=“dave89”]
another 7.62x39:
its gray, and its buttom says " 04 (upper aprt) 76 (lower part).
i found something about “DDR”. is it this one? what does this name means ?[/quote]

“DDR” - German Democratic Republic (“Deutsche Demokratische Republik”) - is correct.
04 = VEB Mechanische Werkstätten Königswartha
76 = 1976

The first is Egyptian Factory 27, from 1960. The last item looks like a .50 BMG core.

THANKS YOU, GUYS !

Don’t automatically assume that the bullet has not been fired. The scratching looks like it has been subjected to some form of stress similar to firing and hitting something like sand. It may have lost its jacket in the process.

Is it possible that the “bullet” in question in fact be an AP core, this could also explain the lack of rifleing marks. It is fairly common for an AP round too shed the jacket upon impact and also the boat tail angle appears to be much greater than found most bullet designs.

Regarding Arabic: written Arabic words and abbreviations are read right-to-left. Numbers, however, are read left-to-right.

The core is definately from a .50 Browning. Looks to be from an APIT (Armor Piercing Incendiary Tracer) based on the recessed portion of the base of the core where the tracer mix would be… Seen tons of these on EOD sweeps, etc… back in the day.

AKMS