Some information on Techcrim (Russia) Made Ammunition

FMJ CB — со свинцовым сердечником (пуля оболочечная)
Google translation = FMJ SV - with lead core (shell bullet)

FMJ КС — с комбинированным сердечником (пуля оболочечная)
Google translation = FMJ KS - with a combined core (shell bullet)

Bullet weight, g 5.5
Initial speed, m / s 430 … 460

Google translation = Cartridge Discontinued With a bullet FMJ43

8х57IS (Refurbished 7.9x57mm, WW2 time frame)

410 / 50.7 with Baibak bullet (metal sleeve)

Охота. Пулевые
Hunting. Bullet

Light and sound cartridges

Traumatic cartridges

Test cartridges
Google = Test cartridges produced for the needs of the enterprise and used to control the quality of manufactured products.

Some of the test cartridges listed-

.223 Rem (5.56 × 45) test cartridge

7.62 × 39 test cartridge

5.45 × 39 test cartridge

9 mm Luger test cartridge
9-mm-Luger

Products listing page for additional cartridges

Bullet PDF:
http://techcrim.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Общая%20пулевая%202018.pdf

Smooth Bore Ammunition PDF:
http://techcrim.ru/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Каталог-патронов-2019.pdf

More detailed information on smaller caliber smooth bore ammunition PDF:
http://techcrim.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Каталог-Малых-калибров-для-сайта.pdf

If one opens the file dated 16 Sep 11, regarding “test cartridges” the term “THREADED TEST CARTRIDGES”, is used in the description.

Is anyone able to shed light on this terminology?

if you mean this quote, it means “ammunition for rifled guns”.
НАРЕЗНОЙ in this context means rifled;
НАРЕЗНОЙ СТВОЛ - rifled barrel,
НАРЕЗНОЕ ОРУЖИЕ - rifled guns (long guns and short guns, generally)
НАРЕЗНОЙ ПАТРОН is sort of slang, which means cartridge for a rifled gun.

1 Like

Brian, thanks a lot for sharing.
Regarding the 7.62x25 CB and KC (cyrill.) I think you have swapped the Google translations.
The CB cartridges (SV in English) with the brass cases have the shorter bullet with them. I think this is the lead core version.
The nickel finish cases (KC, or KS in English) show a longer bullet as expected from a steel core bullet of the same weight.

Thanks for the corrections/information, changes made, correctly I hope!

Brian

Frank’s question is referring to the sentence (page link: http://techcrim.ru/?page_id=328) shown below in the screen shots. The first screen shot is in the original Russian text (pointed out by red arrow) and the second screen shot is the Google translation (pointed out by blue arrow).

Max’s answer:

In this particular case, “НАРЕЗНЫЕ ИСПЫТАТЕЛЬНЫЕ ПАТРОНЫ .223 Rem” means “Test cartridges for rifled guns, caliber .223 Rem”
Those are specially loaded to higher standards to be used as yardsticks when testing new guns for performance and accuracy. Note that those are standard pressure loads, as opposed to Proof loads that generate higher than standard pressures.

1 Like

Thank you taking the time to provide the info.

Do we know anything about the headstamps on the brass-cased Tokarev rounds?

If I remember right this is Soviet surplus, just refurbsihed (new primers).

Headstamps removed, mixed headstamps? Could be interesting…perhaps unissued lots or dates?

What I saw was regular hs. Image was too blurry. Not very exciting in my view. I did not even dare to save images and really means something.
Unlikely to see unissued lots as that never happened with anything Tekhkrim ever had in it’s hands.
Also do not forget that the material they have usually is surplussed material contracted for disposal.

My thought/hope is that the Soviets sent some ammo straight to storage, perhaps entire lots, that might have later been surplussed to Tekhkrim. The are still many “holes” in the Known Tokarev List.

Jon, there are some interesting headstamps in this recent production.

Steel cased examples from the latest boxes are headstamped 27051 ☆ and 27052 ☆.

Brass cased examples are headstamped T45 XI, T45 XII, 345, 346 I, 346 II, 27046 II, and 27046 VI.

Do you have lots XI and XII of 1945 by Tula?

Regards,

Fede

That’s exactly what I was hoping to see!
This is the first evidence I have seen of 270 * 52 * with stars (are you sure of the stars?), T ^ 45 XI, T ^ 45 XII, and 270 * 46 VI.
Now I just need to find some for the collection!

Jon, below you can see an image:

270%20%E2%98%86%2052%20%E2%98%86

Another headstamp that I saw in recent years -not from Techcrim boxes- is T46 V, which should not be confused with T46 △. The “△” in the former is pointing inwards and in the latter are pointing upwards.

Great info, many thanks! I have T ^ 45 V on the list, but not 46. Can you confirm it is definitely a 46? Some Russian Tokarev headstamps are very difficult to read.

Confirmed!
T%20%E2%96%B3%2046%20V

Where do you get these pictures???