Some new Ukrainian 12 Ga cartridges

Here are some pictures of the new Ukrainian 12 Ga cartridges СЛОН (Elephant) series made by company TAKHO
takho.com.ua/hunting/content … -catalogue

СЛОН ГОЛД (Slon Gold), weight 24 grams

СЛОН ГОЛД-Р (Slon Gold-R), weight 40 grams

СЛОН СТИЛ-Р (Slon Stil-R), weight 42 grams

Thanks for info and great pics!

Hello Treshkin,
Many thanks for sharing these pictures.
About the top one with the flat bullet, how would that ‘ballisticaly’ work??
To me, I know nothing about ballistics, it looks like it might go anywere but straight.

Regards rené

[quote=“polman”]Hello Treshkin,
Many thanks for sharing these pictures.
About the top one with the flat bullet, how would that ‘ballisticaly’ work??
To me, I know nothing about ballistics, it looks like it might go anywere but straight.

Regards rené[/quote]

Hi, Rene,
as you know, I am not a hunter:)
I don’t know how this bullet work, but I think it has not bad ballistics as French blondo.
It was developed for typical “shotshell” distances - up to 60 meters, in contrast to bullets Slon Gold-R and Slon Stil-R, which was developed for the distances up to 150 m (according to the manufacturer data)

Are these “Hunting” cartridges ( ie, Bear, Moose, etc) or are they “Police Door Busters” (Breaching) Cartridges??? From the looks of the Projectiles, they look more like Door Busters…

IN either case, they would suit admirably for Thick Ukrainian Wooden (Solid) Doors…

What is a complete translation of the Box labels???

Regards,
Doc AV
AV Ballistics Technical Services
Brisbane Australia

These cartridges are Hunting. And they are for sale in common Hunting shops in Ukraine. Really it hard to find them, because they are not popular because of high price and limit production.

Ukrainian Police Door busters looks like usual 12 ga cartridges, but loaded with something like metall dust. I will try to find such cartridges and make some pictures later. I need some time to find them in my drawers.

The translation of the boxes is:

ПАТРОНЫ ПУЛЕВЫЕ - Ball cartridges
ПАТРОНЫ ОХОТНИЧЬИ - Hunting cartridges

Только для штуцеров или стволов с наcадкой “парадокс” - Only for Carbines with rifled barels or for smoothbore weapons with paradox choke tubes

Использовать в полуавтоматическом оружии запрещается - Forbiden for use in semi-automatic weapons

Gospodin Treshkin,
Spasibo.
Doc AV
AV Ballistics
Brisbane.

You are welcome

Let me know if you need more info or translation - I will be glad to help

Here is a picture with Ukrainian Door Buster cartridge for Special Forces loaded with metall powder and special 12 ga bullet for destruction car engines with it’s cassette