Some Techcrim cartridges

After coming across this post at the Firearms Blog about a new big-bore rifle load called the .366 TKM, I looked up Techcrim (Техкрим) and found several good images at their website techcrim.ru Some headstamp images as well.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/08/13/the-new-russian-shotgun-round-366-tkm-for-sks-ak-rifles/

45 TK

45 rubber

9pa

10x32t

10x28

10x23t

410 fmj

40S&W

Interesting to see the .45 Rubber ball rounds are made from re-primed Remington cases made in 1942.

They also make some ‘normal’ cartridges like 7.62 Tokarev! Sorry, but I’m no good at modifying pics.

Neat looking cartridges.

Would those be tool marks on the 45 Rubber case? And if they are not tool marks, do they serve any purpose with case ejection perhaps?

-Dave

Dave, it could be a forensic marking to tell these cases apart from life loaded ones.

In recent years the Russian govt is keen on such stuff when it comes to privately owned weapons in military calibers.

hello
the 7.62 tokarev is factory loaded ?
nice to see a nickel or zinc plated case ,brass or steel ? and with lead bullet ?

EOD, that makes complete sence. I guess the old fashioned blackened case wasn’t suffice for the gov’t.

Thank you for the response!

-Dave

[quote=“ammogun”]hello
the 7.62 tokarev is factory loaded ?
nice to see a nickel or zinc plated case ,brass or steel ? and with lead bullet ?[/quote]

Basically it is a factory load utilizing surplussed components from broken down cartridges.
These are zinc plated steel cases and are made from surplus 5.45x39 or 7.62x39 (the latter seems to be the likeliest - regardless the different head diameter).

There are LRN bullets as in that image above and also some black laquered (teflon?) ones.

Their last load comprises of a 7.62x39 standard “PS” (FMJ with iron core) bullet with cut off tip and zinc coating which is seated reverse.

The first cartridges they made had newly applied (stencilled) headstamps but the last ones have none (plain after turning down the original one) and feature a laser marking on the case wall.

Yes on the lead bullet on the Tokarev round, but the case is pretty shiny, so I would call it nickel steel. The hearstamps are pretty light, as you (can’t!) see in the pic, so Alex’s info on recycled cases might be correct.

Jon, nickel should have a different color (and too expensive for this recycled low budget - low quality stuff). You may compare the case finihs to other specimen you may have on hand.