South American shotshells

Here are some pictures of south american shotshells.
I can say that they are made in/for ( from left to right.
Mexico, Peru, Uruguay, Brasil, Chili, Argentina and Cuba.

My question is.
Are there other south american countries that have made shotshells ( paper ones ) That are not in this small list.
When possible I would like to see some pictures.

Many thanks for all input
René

The one on the right with the Santiago headstamp. Isn’t that Chile? Or is the name Ortiz & Lloredas, a Cuban company?

I have an all- plastic shell from Ecuador, for what ever that’s worth but no countries to add to your paper hull list.

Pete - I would think that Santiago, Chile, is the best known Santiago, but there are Santiagos all over the place - Brazil, Cuba, Spain, Philippines, Dominican Republic. Maybe something on the side of that shotgun shell shows it is Santiago de Cuba? Or, perhaps it IS Chilean.

Hello, thanks for the input.
The santiago is definetly from Cuba, the Ortiz & lloredas is a Cuban company.

I am aware of several other countries having plastic shells, I used to have them from Venezuela, Colombia ( indumil ) Ecuador and perhaps more.
But I stopped collecting plastic shells some years ago and have no more knowledge or interst in them anymore.

Many regards rené

Hi René

I not answering your specific question but it will add more information… I wish

This is my small collection of uruguaian shotshells.

subefotos.com/ver/?b111b6866c0b5 … f4aaao.jpg

subefotos.com/ver/?047d77b4f7f04 … 1e73do.jpg

subefotos.com/ver/?699b1782a1764 … 0a763o.jpg

subefotos.com/ver/?3deab311f90a7 … 32bdbo.jpg

subefotos.com/ver/?73e3b63b50e1c … ef4f1o.jpg

Daniel

René, wish I could help you but I don’t have pictures of paper shotshells made by/for other South or Central American countries not on that list. However, I can’t avoid mentioning that “Copetonas” is the Spanish language plural name of the elegant crested tinamou found in Argentina and Chile. This shotshell trademark was registered by Cartuchería Orbea Argentina S.A. on May 29, 1936 and it is the oldest which is still in current production. The one you show is the earliest production using Neoflak powder and nickeled primer.

This illustration of the early box is shown in an ad published in 1939:

Daniel, very nice Uruguayan shotshell collection, thanks for sharing. Un saludo grande, Fede.

Hello All,
I was very happy with one of my latest finds.
it is a paper shotshell from Indumil of Colombia.
Green case, no print and headstamp
Colombia Cal 12 Indumil.

regards rené

Hello René, just for your records with regard to how you organize the shells - Cuba & Mexico are in North America. The term “Latin America” might better encompass the countries represented with your shells. Excellent shells.

You are absolutly right.
I should have paid more attention at school.

Thanks René

[quote=“Fede”]René, wish I could help you but I don’t have pictures of paper shotshells made by/for other South or Central American countries not on that list. However, I can’t avoid mentioning that “Copetonas” is the Spanish language plural name of the elegant crested tinamou found in Argentina and Chile. This shotshell trademark was registered by Cartuchería Orbea Argentina S.A. on May 29, 1936 and it is the oldest which is still in current production. The one you show is the earliest production using Neoflak powder and nickeled primer.

This illustration of the early box is shown in an ad published in 1939:
[/quote]

BTW
Fede, thank you for the info on the Copetonas shells.
Almost forgot it.

Regards rené