Spanish 12,7 x 76 T249E2

A box of 12,7x76 mm (.50 Spotter-Tracer) rounds from the Palencia factory of the Santa Bárbara company. Its purpose was saving on the expensive spotter-tracer bullet. It was probably an export contract, as suggested by the “Made in Spain” caption.

The T249E2 designation suggests that this was an US experimental cartridge. Was it ever adopted and given a “M” number?

The first cartridges in this caliber loaded at Palencia used US cases, mainly from Twin Cities. In 1972 they started headstamping with M48A1, regardless of bullet type, and they did so it since then.

No the practice ball rounds never made it to an M status, only T249 series in the US. Olive Drab is the color code, but some appear gray, some are vivid green.

sin duda se trata de un proyectil multipropósito, no tendrás un cartucho repetido??

It’s not a ‘multipurpose’ projectile (if you mean a high explosive incendiary bullet like the Raufoss Multipurpose), but an inert one. In fact its profile looks like a 12,7 x 99 Browning bullet, instead of the much longer bullet used in the 12,7 x 76 caliber.

ok, es bala ordinaria para practicas en fabrica, segun Molina-Orea se usaban estas puntas para abaratar costes, la trazadora-localizadora era mucho mas cara de producir

davrib,
Please try to post in English? If we all post in our own language this forum becomes very hard to read. I have problems to write in English too but willing to try.
Thank you very much,
Western

What he said,thanks

Translation: "Ok, it is an ordinary bullet for practices in factory, according to Molina - It(He,She) Airs these tops were used to cheapen costs, the trazadora-localizadora was great an expensive mas of producing"
I am sorry, to partr of now always I will write in English, it yes, using Internet translator, I sit(feel) it!!

[quote=“davrib”]Translation: "Ok, it is an ordinary bullet for practices in factory, according to Molina - It(He,She) Airs these tops were used to cheapen costs, the trazadora-localizadora was great an expensive mas of producing"
I am sorry, to partr of now always I will write in English, it yes, using Internet translator, I sit(feel) it!![/quote]

Internet translator isn’t very good on technical items. And you are feeding it with “puntas” instead of “balas”…