SR & Co. shotshell

Please, help with IDing this old looking red paper shotshell with a lead slug which has a raised 5-point star at slug’s tip.

Sears-Roebuck, & Co.
Look for a Ted Williams (the baseball player) headstamp by Sears

Sorry, new to this, do you mean there is a headstamp with Ted Williams (the baseball player) name on it?

I have not seen an actual Ted Williams headstamp on Sears ammo. Ted Williams was a figure head or spokesman for almost all Sears sporting goods during the Seventies and maybe into the Eighties. I can vouch with a great deal of certainty that his name appearred on the boxes of Sears ammunition but the headstamp was just “Sears” on rifle ammunition and I have seen both “Sears” and “S. R. & Co”(or a minor variation of this) on shot shells. I believe the S.R.&Co style headstamps predate the Sears headstamps, but I cant put a hard fast date on it. Sears phased out all guns and ammo in '76 or '77 which I remember because I had saved up my lawn mowing money to buy a sporterized Argentine Mauser but when I had my Dad place the order, he was told that Sears was out of the gun buisness and later a statement was published that Sears had made the decision “for the good of the community”. I wasn’t paying attention then, but Sears folded to political pressure from certain urban groups. Now they seem to be on the verge of folding permanently.

Sorry about that digression, before Ted Williams worked for Sears, sporting goods were touted under the “J.C.Higgins” branding. I believe that “J.C.Higgins” was actually used as a headstamp on shotshells. I think I have some on the premises, but I will have to go dig for them. I dont really collect shot shells but somehow the just appear in drawers and boxes.