St LOUIE BLUES

GLOBE WIDE THE ANNUAL MIGRATION OF THE ECCENTRIC AMMUPHILES AND AMMUNOLOGISTS HAS BEGUN. Alas, - age and decrepitude - not I.

The premiere roundup of my kind of folks on the planet and I’m stuck here with the same old bunch of bullets which I already know.

Pepper Burrus is loading up another world class display of “Less than lethal” ammunition , Gen. Curtiss will be amazing everyone with his presentation on the German 9mm rocket ammo.( Yes, YURI we all know they are not REALLY rockets ). Bob Hawkinson is likely in the mix with some mind blowing display of artillery ammo. Lots more of the usual suspects I suppose and some new ones from Germany , Australia and elsewhere I hear.

GARSH - (edited by the poster to conform to political correctness and sensitivity - smooooootch)

I will just sit here and hold my Winchester headstamped one inch Gatling and pout.

Send me a postcard ( or cash) if you want to help me feel better.

CSAEOD,
You aren’t the only one not making the annual migration. However, I don’t have a 1" WRA Co Gatling to make me feel better.

Walter

CSAEOD and I have not always seen eye to eye (seldom to never, in fact) and he certainly doesn’t need me to defend him, but that remark was uncalled for. If our moderators do not delete your post I will request that they do and even terminate your posting priveledges.

Ray

If you give people freedom of speech they will show you who they really are eventually. No need to wait for this fellow.

I agree, uncalled for.

The show sounds increadible and I wish I was thier to see it. I am dying to see Bobs display of the big stuff. I would love photos from those that get to the show, HINT, HINT! :-)

[quote=“Guy Hildebrand”]CSAEOD,
You aren’t the only one not making the annual migration. However, I don’t have a 1" WRA Co Gatling to make me feel better.[/quote]

You can enjoy mine ! I know that you have a pile of cash to keep you warm. You metioned that earlier.
YOU CAN ALWAYS GET MONEY-YOU CAN’T ALWAYS GET GOOD CARTRIDGES !

[quote=“Ray Meketa”]Walter

CSAEOD and I have not always seen eye to eye (seldom to never, in fact) and he certainly doesn’t need me to defend him, but that remark was uncalled for. If our moderators do not delete your post I will request that they do and even terminate your posting priveledges.

Ray[/quote]

This is the unkindest cut of all. I thought we saw eye to eye on most stuff - except , of course , those things which you are mistaken about. I had hopes of bringing you around to thinking like a collector. All that shooting is bad for your blood pressure.

[quote=“Walter Shumate”][quote=“CSAEOD”]

[/quote]

Is what you have for brains ?[/quote]

I hope not. No symptoms yet. Did you find that it was communicable ? What were your other symptoms ?

Bright side - if so, I could go into politics- no work- lots of dough.

John, I’m sorry, but I can’t get the imagery of you sitting there with your “1 inch Gatling” in your hand out of my mind. Every comment or joke I can think of is too crude, rude, dirty, or insulting, so I will just say nothing. I must say it’s the first time I’ve heard that terminology used! :)

Like I said- eventually they will show who they REALLY are.

That is one inch diameter not overall length. It is the long field length not the short mountain one. Yours ?

Aaaahhhh…
Sadly, I only collect small arms ammo, but I do keep a 106 recoiless round to impress visitors.

I’ve never been, but hope to one day :-) Happy collecting everyone :-)

I thought about… and I deleted the “is that what you have for brains” post. Maybe it was in jest, maybe it wasn’t… let’s keep this purely analytical and on point… ammo and its collecting.
I am all about open speech, it’s in my punk rock roots. But I didn’t bust my butt and give up my free time to build this board to have it turn into some squabble zone.

Chris.

PS) I’ll be posting pictures from St. Louis.

Don’t worry. I will keep an eye on the FORUM while you are gone to the show.

At least some of you have been to it. I have been collecting cartridges for 24 years now and have never, yes, NEVER been to any cartridge show. Other than the rare dealer that I sometimes bumb into at gunshows (I think the last time I saw one was two years ago) I have never even seen another cartridge collector in person. Its damn depressing, and I don’t even have a 1" Gatling of any kind to make me feel better. ;-)

Oh well, there is always hope for next year…

ShtLe, what part of the country are you in?

I see, so now the word **** is accepable profanity on the IAA website, how quickly standards slide.

No, it is not. You should note that your post was pulled.

ACTUALLY my intention was to use the seemingly acceptable British verion of the word- i.e. ***** but forgot the “E” and you showed up with your comments before I noticed .

I prefer the American English version-being an American- but am constrained by the Political collectness police (FFPP) to conform under durress.

I have edited my heartwarming post . ENJOY !

In my opinion “political correctness” IS profanity but I will support to the death your right to be heard!

IT IS THE AMERICAN WAY !