"Strange" WW2 cartridges casings

Hi guys !

Here are some of recently finds: few cartridges casings…each one is different from the others I have found until now

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So…
1. What cartridge is (was) this one ??!?

2. Probably this is a case from a Czeh 7.92x57mm Mauser round…?!?

3, 4 and 5…I know…casings from 7.92x57mm Mauser from Pirotehnia Armatei…the 3rd and 4th from 1939 and the 5th from 1937 (this one is special ‘because of’ the…year; unfortunately almost unreadable… ;-/, I don’t know why)…BUT…look at the “pin traces” from these 3 cartiges casings !!

It looks like the first 2 (3,4) were fired from (by) the same gun (rifle most likely…)…(and maybe the 3rd…) ?

These “pin traces” are special…somehow…by the others from casings I found until now…: it’s a “line”, NOT a “point” !

BTW…I found them very close to each other…

Any details/info…?

Thank you .

#1 is a 9mm PA or PAK blank firing cartridge for non guns made by (or for) RWS (Germany).

The longish primer indentations on the 7.92x57 are typical for ZB26 machine guns.

Note the plastic closure in the casemouth of #1. This blank dates from a long time after WW2.
Lew

Thanks…this is what I thought too somehow…

So…#1 is not from WW2…?

ZB26 or maybe ZB30 ?

Thanks Alex, another “mystery” solved as I have some Polish cases with this primer print.

These 3 cartridges casings (#3, #4 and #5) don’t have that MG “mark”; the “necks” are perfectly round ! …

Rojon, the 26 was the standard model, the 30 was the variant for Romania. So nothing special in this.

The blank with the RWS headstamp is likely from the 1980s or 1990s or even later. I am no expert in these toys.

Thanks for info !

So…this “RWS” is “trash”,…at least for me…sorry… ;-/

No worries, the RWS is trash for anyone I guess…

;-) ;-/…it looks too good (good shape/state) to be…from WW2…;-/

Here it is like with women: good looking still can be useless! :-)

…OK !..
And #2…??

#2 is Czech as you assumed correctly.

Zbrojovka Brno or the other one…??

It depends on which name you want to use as the factory had several names over the years till it ceased production. Active 1867-2006.

First name:
“Georg Roth”

Since 1934 “Zbrojovka Brno”.

Wehrmacht codes were “15A” (actually it should have been P15a but was never used this way) and “dou”.

Later also named “Povazske Strojarne” and used code Czechoslovak code “aym”.

Last name:
“PS-Grand”