Strike Three

Who is the manufacturer of the Strike Three ammunition? I have three samples.

The right one comes from a packet with a “Advanced Tactical Firearms” label. Are they made by that company, or were they imported from the Phillipines?

Morten

The original “Strike Three” multiball loads, in blue-plastic sabots, were made by Advanced Tactical Firearms LLC, or made for them, I am not sure which. They were made in the U.S.A., however. Their address at that time was 2753 East Broadway, Suite 101-318, Mesa, Arizona 85204.

Calibers available were .38 Special, .38 Special +P, .357 Magnum, 9mm Parabellum, .44 Special and .44 Magnum.

Unfortunately, neither “Strike three” nor I dated the material. I tend to be lax in that regard, forgetting to check due to the volume of material that I file. A very bad habit that invariably comes back to haunt me.

The production I have seen from the Philippines comes in packages of ten rounds, marked “Armscor Precision” on the front, but gives only their address in the Philippines on the back, not their U.S. Offices. Instead, it still uses the Advanced Tactical Firearms name, but now at 5329 South Cameron Street, Suite 110, Las Vegas, Nevada 89118. The back label also says “Imported by Armscor Precision Inc,” so the U.S. Brtanch of Armscor are actually acting as the importer, not Advanced Tactical Firearms LLC.

The 2008 Armscor catalog shows the calibers offered as 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .223 Remington, .38 Special, 10mm, 7.62 x 39 and .308 Winchester. I would judge that the ammunition is poorly marketed here, as we do not see it in gun shops at all, and I have no articles on the ammunition in my files, other than catalog mention in my catalog file. I have never seen the 10mm, for example, which I would purchase if I could find it for my own collection.

The first catalog entries I can find for Armscor listing this ammunition is the 2003 catalog, which was issued again in 2004. It is not in the 2002 catalog.

I would suspect that it was offered first by the original U.S. firm in the late 1990s.

Hope this helps.

The only place I know that sells Strike-Three ammo right now (in the U.S. anyway) is centerfire systems: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/armscor.aspx They have it in .357mag and .40S&W

John, have you ever seen the 7.62x39 (image or original)?

EOD - No. I have seen very few of the calibers in fact.