Swedish 9mm Browning Long

Today I acquired a bag of odd cases of all different calibres. Most were common and immediately identifiable, but there was this: It is a brass cased round, and looks like a 9mm luger except the case length is 20mm and it is semi-rimmed. The headstamp is a four segmented design and reads “07 7 2 027” What do I have and where was it made? I have reason to believe it may be a Swedish 9mm Browning long, am I correct?

Sounds much like a Swedish 9mm Browning Long. It would be a great thing if ID-requestes would be posted along with images.

Thanks EOD, you just replied as I found some info on it on that Spanish municion.org site. Any idea where it was made?

Sweden, by Norma.

The key to the identity of your cartridge is the “07.” That is the Swedish Model designation for the 9mm Browning Long and most Swedish headstamps for that caliber have it, or a Crown at the 12 O’Clock position of the headstamp. Jon correctly identified the maker.

The key to the identity of your cartridge is the “07.” That is the Swedish Model designation for the 9mm Browning Long and most Swedish headstamps for that caliber have it, or a Crown at the 12 O’Clock position of the headstamp. Jon correctly identified the maker.