Swiss blank cartridges 7,65mm Para

thanks gyrojet and betmawa89!

Very interesting - the box with the stamp from 10.4.1916 is also shown in the famous Parabellum book from Görtz and Sturgess (Vol. III, page 1477).

The other ones are new to me.

@betmawa89: can you elaborate a little bit more about these sample books, especially are they produced by M+F, when, do they cover also other rare boxes, e.g. for proof or dummy cartridges?

Alexander

Of course you can use it! Just credit it to the IAA Forum!

Regarding the wood bullet round. It is not unusual for wood bullet dummies to be made. I have a number of them. They are usually made with the “bullet” extending all the way to the base of the case and crimped in place at the case mouth. Use as a dummy would also explain the variation in bullet shape. Finally, it seems unlikely that the only two specimen documented here would both be blanks and both have snapped primers. My opinion!!!

Lew

2 Likes

Those are beautiful labels for the “blinde Pistolen-Patronen.” Can we assume the blanks from 1916 are the same design as those from, say, 1908? I don’t collect dates, which on this subject, is a disadvantage, but I only have one form of Swiss 7.65 mm P blank in my own collection, although I have had other dates go thru my hands (identical type except for headstamp date information, so not germane to my collection).

There is certainly no information on any of these labels that would specifically define a wood-bullet blank. Thanks for posting them, though! I have only seen a picture of one box for Swiss 7.65 mm P blanks in my life! They make this a very important thread for some of us.

John Moss

John Moss

This factsheet was created by an M+F employee - probably in the 1950s or 1960s.

But this does not mean that this cartridge was still produced at that time - as already mentioned, I have never seen a Bl Pat 08 with headstamp after 1911.

BTW: I tend towards the reasoning of Lew: “It is not unusual for wood bullet dummies to be made. I have a number of them. They are usually made with the “bullet” extending all the way to the base of the case and crimped in place at the case mouth.”

Alexander

Hello,
an interesting sheet that Stucki shows here, I had the folder in my hands around 40 years ago, the rest is just as informative.

Here is a drawing of the „Blinde Pistolen-Patrone 1908 Cal. 7,65 mm“.
It is the drawing: Z. No. 1215 Eidg. Munitionsfabrik – Thun, 13. März 1908

Cheers

Betmawa

1 Like

A Swiss Army ammunition manual (Angaben über Munition und deren Verpackung) from 1954 still lists the Bl Pist Pat 08. The illustration (unfortunately only a drawing) shows a HS from 1938. So far, this is the only concrete evidence I know of a Bl Pat 08 dated after 1911/1912.

DSCN0116 Kopie

1 Like