Syracuse, NY gun show

This is one of the largest shows on US Eastern coast. Very crowded. Pardon my old shaky hands and my old camera.

I have heard that a major collector of Japanese ordnance died recently in upstate NY. I have not seen any of it come to market yet. Was there any Japanese ordnance there ?

I was a bit rushed through the show by my twins and, sorry, did not see any Japanese ammo.

That would be Gary Ormsby. See the estate sale information here forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=125461

I know Syracuse, I used to work for Kodak who’s HQ is in Rochester right next door. I didn’t know they had a gunshow.

That would be Gary Ormsby. See the estate sale information here forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=125461[/quote]
Thank you. Ormsby was a very serious old time collector. I sold him my Japanese collection 3 times over 30 years. I saw a few of my old friends in those photos.

At the Ohio show last weekend I was told that the family started off with a YARD SALE selling artillery shells $1 per inch !

He had far more than what is seen on these estate sale photos.

Just occured to me why the MAX show in Monroeville Pa this week end had more than two dozen Japanese knee mortar shells and lots of grenades.

Looks like Gary’s stuff is finally getting to retail market.