Syrian 9x19mm boxes-Translation Needed

I am working on a short article for the IAA Journal on Syrian boxes. I would appreciate any help in translating the labels for these three boxes. Thanks!

The picture below that the first two boxes have the Syrian Eagle with three stars. This was the coat of arms until 1 Feb 1958 when Egypt and Syria joined together as the United Arab Republic (UAR) with President Nassar of Egypt becoming president of both countries. The UAR continued until Syria withdrew on 28 September 1961, though Egypt continued to use the name into 1971. These two boxes contain cartridges dated 1957 and 1958. I also have a box like the 1957, but the ammo is dated 1956.

The third box has the Egyptian style eagle with two stars to represent the two nations of Syria and Egypt and contains cartridges dated 1960.

My latest Syrian box dates from 1962 and looks like a commercial box. It is green and red and black with information in both Arabic and French.

Does anyone have any Syrian boxes. or photos of Syrian boxes that date from 1962 or later? Info appreciated.

Cheers,
Lew

Lew,

this cartridge + copy of label was offered on the duch ECRA site yesterday.

cheers
René

Thanks! I have the box, but with a different headstamp. The box is dated 1955 and the same date appears on the box (١٩٥٥) and the cartridges contained have the same four digit headstamp.

I have the headstamp illustrated which is dated 54-4 (lot 4, month 4, but probably quarter 4 following the French case dating approach), but it is in a box labeled in French,but marked on the side Fabrication 1955.

The box you sent in was clearly the arabic version of my French language box.

Again, many thanks! A new bit of data.

Cheers,

Lew

Lew, here is a translation of the labels:

All three boxes read at lines 2, 3 and 4:

Établissements Industriels de Défense (accepted English translation is “Defense Industries Syndicate”)
Ammunition Factory
25 Cartridges Caliber 9 mm Parabellum

The correct Arabic word for “Parabellum” is بارابيلوم but these labels use the phonetically similar word “Barablom” (بارابلوم).

Translation of lines 1, & 5:

First box:
الجمهورية العربية المتحدة
United Arab Republic
١٤٣ - ٤ - ١٩٥٨
Lot number: 143 - 4 - 1958

Second box:
الجمهورية العربية السورية
Syrian Arab Republic
١٥ - ١ - ١٩٥٧
Lot number: 15 - 1 - 1957

Third box:
الجمهورية العربية المتحدة
United Arab Republic
١٥٥ - ٤ - ١٩٦٠
Lot number: 155 - 4 - 1960

Fede,

Many thanks for your information. This is a great help.

Cheers,

Lew

There is actually no “P” sound in Arabic. The alternate letter is “F”, but when a “P” appears in a foreign word it is usually pronounced as “B”.