Taiwanese and Chinese 9 mm Marking Rounds

The first one has been reported years ago and is made by The 205th Arsenal in Taiwan, Republic of China (using US DoD “TAA” symbol). It was patented in 2003 (application filled in 2001) and used in conversion kits adapted to the T75 pistol (Beretta 92 type), MP5 smg, and T65 and T91 rifles (AR-15 type).

A different version of this cartridge is also made in People’s Republic of China and observed in cases headstamped 311 9x19 11. Note its somewhat crude manufacture and the triple stab crimp likely applied to avoid a primer blow-up (this is not present in ball ammunition of the same year and manufacturer).

Some headstamps of Chinese pistol

Fede, thanks a lot for the Chinese ones. First time I see these.

The Russians also made some.

[quote]Fede, thanks a lot for the Chinese ones. First time I see these.

The Russians also made some.[/quote]

Alex, you’re welcome.

Regarding the Russian cartridges, do you mean the 9x16 PMP or something different?

I like how the Chinese copied everything right down to the headstamp orientation/style of the IVI Simunition. One wonders what toys could be made from the glued-together fired cases and found on the civilian market?

Fede, only now I see your posting as it was not flagged new to me in April 2016!

The Russian FX copies are the “UP-M” paint marker and the “UP-B” target practice.
It is not the “PMP” which is for 9x21 weapons if I remember it right.

Alex, thanks, I guess I didn’t know about them back then.

You are right, the 9x16 PMP is for the SR1PM pistol in 9x21.

Regards,

Fede

Has anyone seen any of these actual rounds, or fired empties, either from China or Taiwan???

Lew