Technical problem

I have made scans of drawings (you will find here under an example).
They are excatly like original drawings with a yellow dominant color.

I cannot print them in color in my books because :
first no interest for the reader to be colored
second too expansive (B/W printing is 10 cheaper than colored printing).

(I prefer to keep colored pages for beautifull catalogue or ctges pictures)

If I print them in Black and White the result is like that.(same result than to convert the colored picture to B/W picture)

The result is not good because of the dark dominant color.

I am working with Paintshop pro software.
I’ve tried many options and the result is not very good !!!

Could somebody help me ?
Thanks
JP

Try to switch from “grey” scale to “black’n’white” scale. Or go to lower grey scale level.

I did that already.

I am looking for a software making some correlation.
It is not part of paintshop pro

JP

PS : the scans here above are not good quality because I took some scans after I made many trials.

My dear Jean-Pierre,

I usually work withg PHOTOSHOP 7.0 , or Photoshop Elements 2.0.

PHOTOSHOP is expensive, but it is easy to find second-hand CDs of the older versions at moderate conditions, which will work fine (I use Windows XP, and absolutely do not wish to switch to Vista right away, even to be nice to Mr. Gates!).

It is easy to correct this gray aspect, using some of the controls, especially "luminosit

[quote=“jean-pierre”]I have made scans of drawings (you will find here under an example).
They are excatly like original drawings with a yellow dominant color.

I cannot print them in color in my books because :
first no interest for the reader to be colored
second too expansive (B/W printing is 10 cheaper than colored printing).

(I prefer to keep colored pages for beautifull catalogue or ctges pictures)

If I print them in Black and White the result is like that.(same result than to convert the colored picture to B/W picture)

The result is not good because of the dark dominant color.

I am working with Paintshop pro software.
I’ve tried many options and the result is not very good !!!

Could somebody help me ?
Thanks
JP[/quote]

Jean-Pierre,

The two scans that you use to illustrate your problem look “pixellated” on my screen. You can see squares of different colours/shades and distortion around changes such as around characters. What “dots per inch” (dpi) are you using, for a document such as this I would try 300 dpi. If the original scan looks OK you can then try saving versions (always keep the original scan, never overwrite) using lower resolution to get the file size down. Some of my scans are about 10 Megabyte size, far too big for e-mail or photobucket, so I reduce them as far as I can until I start to see some degradation in quality, usually pixellation, and then go back a step.

gravelbelly

Hi gravelbelly,
as I told you the scans shown are not good quality because I used one I was making trials on.
I can send you the original one (or another one) if you want and you can make trials.

Hi Philippe,
I thought about Photoshop and I asked to a friend for the software.
(You know how to use all these softwares (scanner, Photoshop, aso) and you are not successfull posting pictures on the forum ???
Give me a call and I can explain it to you.)

JP