"The boy in the striped pajamas"

I just finished watching this most unusual WWII film, take it from your library, I know you all have computers.
boyinthestripedpajamas.com/#/trailer

Very sad and painfull to watch. Too true. Many, if not most ,of the staff of the “camps” had their families nearby. Read the autobiography of Hoess the 2 time commandant of Auschwitz if you want something really eye opening. He was tried and hanged at Auschwitz. He didn’t think that he did anything wrong. HE WAS PROUD THAT HE HAD DONE A GOOD JOB !

Quoted from his testimony at Nurnberg:

I have been constantly associated with the administration of concentration camps since 1934, serving at Dachau until 1938; then as Adjutant in Sachsenhausen from 1938 - 5/1/1940, when I was appointed Kommandant of Auschwitz. I commanded Auschwitz until 12/1/1943 and estimate that at least 2.5 million victims were executed and exterminated there by gassing and burning, and at least another half million succumbed to starvation and disease making a total dead of about 3 million. This figure represents about 70-80% of all persons sent to Auschwitz as prisoners, the remainder having been selected and used for slave labor in the concentration camp industries; included among the executed and burned were approximately 20,000 Russian prisoners of war (previously screened out of prisoner-of-war cages by the Gestapo) who were delivered at Auschwitz in Wehrmacht transports operated by regular Wehrmacht officers and men. The remainder of the total number of victims included about 100,000 German Jews, and great numbers of citizens, mostly Jewish, from Holland, France, Belgium, Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Greece, or other countries. We executed about 400,000 Hungarian Jews alone at Auschwitz in the summer of 1944.

Speaking of movies, has anyone seen Philosophy of a knife? This move tells the story of the Infamous Japanese unit 731. A chemical and biological unit in China between the 1930’s and 1945. THIS MOVIE IS VERY BRUTAL!!! DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS WATCH IT! But Its supposed to be historicaly correct with actual interviews and documentary clips.

Steve

Thanks, Steve. I’a a sucker for new movie titles. It sounds very interesting.
Good music too.
youtube.com/watch?v=Az4P9eGk1-M
Here is the most bizarre review of the film
youtube.com/watch?v=8Zn31vpBU48

sksvlad,

Check your messages

steve

The entire movie (Boy in the Striped Pyjamas) can be viewd here:

video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 8777894610