The Coonan Trple Threat Apocalyptic Kit

Real silver plated bullets in .357 Magnum packaged in its own wooden stake!

I know that this will definately be of great interest to some (especially Matt C.), and just another silly product to be frowned upon by others (at least one person I know which shall remain unnamed).

coonaninc.com/

You are correct sir!

Have there been “Coonan” headstamped cartridges in the past? These are apparently live cartridges, so if they are not sold in bulk (boxes), then this wil be a fairly rare cartridge.
Photo from website:

I think I’m glad that they don’t offer it in 9x19mm!!! At least not yet…

I have no problem with this kind of thing. Capitalism is the engine that drives all western economies and even the most ardent anti-capitalists have been forced to adopt it to a degree as the most effective way of allocating resources/money. The basis of capitalism is to provide things that others are willing to spend their money/resources on. If there are enough people to spend money on the Coonan Triple Threat Apocalyptic Kit, great—he will make money, and if not he has created a collector item out of his own pocket book.

Our choice is whether we want to add it to our collection, the same decision we make every time we decide to buy something for the collection.

I am just amazed at the things that do have a market!

Cheers,
Lew

Collectors 150 years from now will think we actually thought vampires and zombies existed.

[quote=“Lew”]I think I’m glad that they don’t offer it in 9x19mm!!! At least not yet…

I have no problem with this kind of thing. Capitalism is the engine that drives all western economies and even the most ardent anti-capitalists have been forced to adopt it to a degree as the most effective way of allocating resources/money. The basis of capitalism is to provide things that others are willing to spend their money/resources on. If there are enough people to spend money on the Coonan Triple Threat Apocalyptic Kit, great—he will make money, and if not he has created a collector item out of his own pocket book.

Our choice is whether we want to add it to our collection, the same decision we make every time we decide to buy something for the collection.

I am just amazed at the things that do have a market!

Cheers,
Lew[/quote]
IMO the main problem with it is the field day that the anti gun crowd could possibly have in certain situations. For example, imagine the circus it would create if a school shooting was carried out using these rounds.

Falcon, Frankly, I’d rather have a school shooting carried out with these rounds. The gun community will take heat anyway, but at least use of this ammo would help remove him from the mainstream of the gun community, at least in the US, and brand him as a nut case!

Just my opinion!

Lew

Leon - Who is the guy you know that would take issue with this ammo? :-) :-(

John, please don’t put me in the position of having to “out” this person, as I do not wish to offend him as I value his friendship greatly. ;-)

[quote=“Lew”]Falcon, Frankly, I’d rather have a school shooting carried out with these rounds. The gun community will take heat anyway, but at least use of this ammo would help remove him from the mainstream of the gun community, at least in the US, and brand him as a nut case!

Just my opinion!

Lew[/quote]
Don’t the anti-gunners already view any gun owner as a dangerous nut case?

Interesting as heck to me that the pills are actually jacketed in silver! Now if they were only HPs…but since the ‘modern’ vampire seems to do little more than brood, ‘sparkle’ and enthrall silly teenage girls, they need to really work on a multi-threat cartridge.

With concentrated garlic extract in the cavity. Or a Glaser with a mix of silver shot, garlic, and pig fat. Maybe a 12ga shell loaded with little hardwood and silver flechette ‘stakes’? Fertile ground my friends, hopefully the manufacturers are listening to us.

Folks strive so hard for the do-everything projectile (triplex, APIT, blended metal, et al) so I eagerly await it. And I’m only 49% kidding.

Mwinter, based on what I have seen over the last year in the ammo business, I think you have a real winner for the marketting guys. I’d recommend you start with Hornady, they seem to love this kind of thing!

Or you could find a venture capitalist who will provide the money for you to run with your idea! Your route to riches.

Or since this is a capitalist society, maybe Ray or I will grab your idea and make our fortune with it. Who knows, maybe John Moss will join us. He really likes this sort of thing!

The sad thing is that if you actually made one of these in 9mm, I’d have to buy it for the collection!!! It would go with my 9x19mm tie pin with a turquoise bullet.

Cheers,
Lew

Lew - Turquoise bullet tie pin in 9 mm? How could you keep such a thing in your collection? You should be a purist like I am - a REAL cartridge collector. All I have is a nickel-case key chain with Egyptian headstamp and what appears to be a plastic renditon of some kind of animal claw, curved, pointed and all, and about twice as long as the case sticking out. But, it does go well with my nickel-case, South African-headstamped key chain cartridge with some sort of agate, or maybe even phony plastic in mottled gold to brown color. Now those are REAL cartridges!

The hypocrite strikes again. I think I’ll design a .500 AE cartridge specifically for the slaying of Godzilla Monsters.

Leon - no worry. I don’t hold grudges. (oops, you found me out!)

Occasionally, even those of us who are mentally ill have to have a chance at a Forum thread.

I received my “triple threat apocalyptic kit” yesterday, and as it turns out the bullets are hollow point, so I suppose they suffice for the zombies, while the silver-plating takes care of werewolves and the stake is for the vampires. The bullets do in fact appear to be a generic hollow point (loaded by Atomic Ammunition according to the package) plated with real silver, and not just a Winchester “Silvertip” which is not real silver. The headstamp is just like the website depiction, but the primer is brass-colored, not silver. There are 8 cartridges total with two notches on either side of the stake which hold 4 each, and a rotating cover at the stakes base which allows access to them. The package is about 12" wide by 6" high.

The Atomic Ammunition website is here, but they make no mention of the Silver bullet:
http://www.atomicammunition.com/

hello
there are beautifull cartridges
i would have one kit