Thou shalt count to three. No more. No less

deleted

And five is right out.

“One…Two…FIVE!”

“Three Sir!”

“THREE!”

The TM 43-0001-+++ from a.d. 1254 says the following about it’s use:

“First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedest on to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen.”

And for those who have no idea what this is about:

youtube.com/watch?v=99X8WDQWAKg

At least I’m not alone. :-)

Rick

One of my favorite movies too. One of the channels that we get with Directv is running the old original Flying Circus 1/2 hour episodes from British TV. If anyone is interested I can track down which channel and the time.

Ray

deleted

Rick, your Danish M23 is a fine item there and the red cutaway AAI developed chemical rifle grenade too.

heck, I missed to watch the earlier link and made a useless posting…

[quote]And for those who have no idea what this is about:
youtube.com/watch?v=99X8WDQWAKg[/quote]

Vlim: Thanks ever so much. I feared I’d overimbibed. The world is now perfectly back on its axis knowing that that Monty is in the house. Cheers!!

I have one of those Danish M23 grenades. Mine is yellow which I understand is the correct color for a practice grenade.

Are they valuable or rare? I almost tossed mine in the garbage a couple of years ago.

Ray

I have one of those Danish M23 grenades. Mine is yellow which I understand is the correct color for a practice grenade.

Are they valuable or rare? I almost tossed mine in the garbage a couple of years ago.

Ray[/quote]

Ray, these are very hard to find.
Your question about the color is actually a good one. Those practice ones and trowing dummies I have seen looked different. So far I always thought the yellow ones were the life versions. I shall see if I find out something.

Ha…Are those Taco Bell containers from nacho cheese!? (or sour cream, other sides, etc)

deleted

Rick, not really German. The Danes kept producing their ordnance under German occupation for the Danish, not for Germany. Amongst the occupied countries Denmark had a special agreement.

For Monty Python do a search on youtube - lots of great stuff there .

Monty Python-Holy Hand Grenade instructions :
youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

Monty Python "How Not To Be Seen"
youtube.com/watch?v=ltmMJntSfQI

Monty Python - Flying Sheep
youtube.com/watch?v=Vkw2DdoskPY

Glenn

You will never know how much data your brain can process during the time it takes to count “1-2-3” while holding a live grenade in your hand with the fuse burning, till you do it. Frankly, I only made it to “2” before the muscles in my arm flexed violently and I never had a desire to try and get to “3”!

deleted

But, if you don’t count to 3 (or 5), the other guy will have time to pick it up and chunk it right back at you. I know, I’ve seen it done in movies.

Ray