Time Stamps on Postings

ADMIN. COMMENT: To have your posts reflect the proper time with the change to and from Daylight Savings Time, you must change your time zone selection in your profile. For instance, if your selection is curently GMT-5, change it to GMT-4 for Eastern Daylight Time.

Ron

I’m not gonna go there. AZ does not change back and forth like the others and I assume that means I don’t do anything. I still cannot understand the logic behind DST. The sun comes up, the sun goes down. What difference does it make? After living in Alaska for 30 years, daylight savings becomes sorta non-issue. :) :)

Ray

Ray - when did you live in Alaska? I was thee for a year and a half, at Fairbanks, in 1958 and 1959. I know what you mean about sun up and down. DLT is idiotic. In Alaska, I went up to Eagle Mountain (I think that was the name) and saw the sun go down with the bottom of the sphere (not the top) just touching the horizon, and then start back up. I also watched a baseball game at Ladd AFB under natural light, at midnight. Of course, winter was a drag, as you know, with about 21 hours of real darkness.