To identify two tracers bullets from .303 British

Would you please help me to identify two tracer bullets from .303 british cartridge.
The first unknown bullet is presented in the first picture.

Bullet has a cupro-nickel envelope, 35.5 mm. long and has a washer at the bottom part. Bullet tip has a remnants of white colour coding. At first I thought it is G Mk II, but as far as I know G Mk II is longer ( 36 mm ) , and has no colour coding at the tip.
The comparison with G Mk II you can see at second picture

The second unknown bullet is presented in following picture.

Bullet has a cupro-nickel envelope, 36.5 mm. long and has a washer at the bottom part. Based on rounded shape of the bottom I thought it is Mk VI Canadian Pattern . But as far as I know, Canadian tracers did not have washers. Also, the type of knurled cannelure differs from Canadian Mk VI. The comparison with Canadian G Mk VI you can see in fourth picture.

I would appreciate any information about mentioned above two tracers.

tr3080,

Hope the following is of some help-

.303 tracer cutaways by wolfganggross: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15402

Tony Edwards quote from: Canadian 303 tracer, bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/7 … 303+tracer

“Canadian GII bullets should be to the standard British spec, i.e. weight around the 154 grain mark and with a brass washer at the base (although not all British ones did). Canada also made the GI for longer than we did but that generally does not have the washer.”

White tip G IV

as to differences between british and Canadian Made Tracers, ???

Doc AV

bdgreen,
Thanks a lot for links. Very informative. I have found a lot of new information about .303 bullets
Based on comparision with cut-aways I can assume that my first unknown bullet is G Mk V - night tracer dark ignition, 500 yds. It has gray (white) tip and flat-base as on the picture.
The second bullet is still question-mark for me. It has noticable round-shapre base which is not typically for flat-based tracers produced in Britain.

DocAV,
Not sure I have understud your question correct.
My current knowledge about differencies between British and Canadian Made Tracers is like this
G Mk II British made
no colour code for bullet tip, head stamp K4 1942 GII, Red primer annulus
G Mk II Canadian made
red bullet tip marking, head stamp 1942 DI Z, and I have no idea about primer annulus marking
G Mk IV British made
white bullet tip, headstamp like R/I\L 1941 GIV, Red primer annulus
G Mk IV Canadian made
white bullet tip, headstamp:1942 DC GIV, and I have no idea about primer annulus marking

You answered the question perfectly.

British ( and Aussie, etc, and Canadian Berdan cases) all used the standard Red annulus for Tracer (G) loads. But as far as DI is concerned, I have not noticed a Red annulus on the Boxer Primers.

The White Point was to distinguish the GIV from the GII; The use of a red tip on the Canadian made Tracers was an “American” thing. Probably because they didn’t use a red annulus on the GII;

Doc AV