ab

ab

Laurent

Over on the “Tech Issues” Forum there is a good tutorial for posting photos. I personally like Photobucket but there others that are just as good, I’m sure.

Ray

ab

Photobucket is very easy to use. Register and then load your photos on their site. Post your photos on the FORUM from there. Your post looked to me like you had most of the address but not ALL of the address. You have to have it all for it to work.

Laurent, what is your native language? Perhaps some of the more gifted parties here could help with some translation or explain the steps. It truly is a simple procedure.

ab

Hi Laurent,
I fixed them for you.

Those are some nice rounds.

To post pictures, you need to have at the end here is an example:

It should look just like the above, but without the spaces. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Jason

Thank you

Good photos; one inch Nordenfeldt AP and Mk1 aiming rifle Ball followed by US one Inch Gatling cannister.

The markings on the AP look stenciled. If they are, can you get a better picture of the markings on the side ?

Is the lead bulleted 1" Nordenfelt actually a Nordenfelt or a 1" Aiming rifle?

Good question- I missed the “K I” . I will check it out and report back.

Yes that looks like a Mk 1 aiming rifle cartridge. The typical Nordenfeldt spot crimp on it in the first photo is a reflection of the crimp on the AP. I have seen many Nordenfeldt balls and APs and they all have had these spot crimps.

According to my question on the fired lead 1" Aiming rifle projectile I have, I was told that 1" Nordenfelt was only loaded with the brass jacketed projectiles. Is that correct?

According to Woodin lab. The K I is One inch aiming rifle MK 1 percusssion (L).

No the standard ball round is lead it has a fatter ogive than the aiming rifle ammo.

I have a replica of a 1" Gatling round but the case is shorter - only 88mm. Was there much variation?

The one inch was made in 2 standardized case types field and mountain sizes. These names may not be official but they are used regularly. The field length is very similar to the one inch Nordenfeldt except the bullet is obviously shorter and more rounded. The mountain length is about 1/2 that length and is the most common of the one inch.

There were very few of the field length guns made . Both types of ammo were made in internal and external primers types and some in rimfire as well.

The last I heard the only remaining one inch gun is in a German museum. Germany bought a couple of these guns to test and produced a single barrel anti-balloon gun in this caliber.

one inch field and mountain length next to a typical lead Nordenfeldt ball. The mountain length is internal primed.

The pic below (from the Ammunition Photo Gallery on my website) shows some of the older rounds in my collection. The 25x88R is, I believe, a replica of a 1 inch Gatling - the early model with the coiled-brass case.

Thanks to interest. I had already watch all the pictures on your website! really good!