Tsar's cannon!

aa

This is on old style Russian and is very different from modern Russian language.

Talking about Kremlin. If you want to see something cool, type “Moscow clad in snow 1908” in Google Video.

That is a work of art! How did they load a 2 ton cannon ball back then? You have to love the powers of the Opposable Thumb!

Thank you very much. All 3 times I went to Russia was in the Winter. I know it well. That brought back great memories. I had forgotten that the biggest bell in the world was there as well. A remarkable clear film for 1908.

Hello!

Please note that no round ball was fired by the Soviet Tsar cannon! The large round balls in front of the cannon are just there to show the incredible caliber!

The Soviet Tsar cannon never fired a single shot, because when it was finisched it was by long obsolescent. The ammunition intended for this cannon consisted of case shot (canister shot) projectiles.
From the short barrel and the thin wall size it is obvious that no 2-ton round ball could be fired by this cannon.

This was explained to me by a Russian tour guide during my visit to the Cremlin.

Chris

We were not arguing about the biggest gun which ever fired ! Just the biggest gun. It is certainly the oldest big gun in the running. Biggest cannon and biggest bell in the same place- what a country ! Pretty cold there too. WORLD’S BEST ICE CREAM !

[quote=“russianammo”]
Please note that no round ball was fired by the Soviet Tsar cannon! The large round balls in front of the cannon are just there to show the incredible caliber!

The Soviet Tsar cannon never fired a single shot, because when it was finisched it was by long obsolescent. The ammunition intended for this cannon consisted of case shot (canister shot) projectiles.
Chris[/quote]

So are those smaller (~12" diameter!) cannon balls in the photo really the canister shot? :)

[quote=“FIFTYGUY”]
So are those smaller (~12" diameter!) cannon balls in the photo really the canister shot? :)[/quote]

Sorry, but I just don

NO ENEMY HAS OVER RUN THAT CANNON YET.